User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Is Snowden even in Russia?

And if he is there could he be a prisoner?

I saw an interview with Obama broadcast as part of another report on the BBC about how he was personally refusing to meet with Putin but would meet with him shortly as part of a professional/political contact at a world conference, Obama talked about the Cold War and about how he felt there should be more co-operation, making me think:

- Wow, its sinister that the elites of rival nations think they should co-operate against everyone else and that they broadcast it like that

- Wow, superpower rivalry could make a come back?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And if he is there could he be a prisoner?

I saw an interview with Obama broadcast as part of another report on the BBC about how he was personally refusing to meet with Putin but would meet with him shortly as part of a professional/political contact at a world conference, Obama talked about the Cold War and about how he felt there should be more co-operation, making me think:

- Wow, its sinister that the elites of rival nations think they should co-operate against everyone else and that they broadcast it like that

- Wow, superpower rivalry could make a come back?
    Russia and the U.S have far more in common than most Americans presume, Putin and Obama will be more useful to each other as collaborators than as rivals.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Russia and the U.S have far more in common than most Americans presume, Putin and Obama will be more useful to each other as collaborators than as rivals.
    I agree with that and Chomsky said years ago that he felt that an alliance of the former superpower rivals against the developing world was more likely than anything else.

That said I do see occasional gestures of a competitive nature, Russia does still seek to assert its super power status, gas wars with Europe, invading Georgia, trying to lead the world with a "war on terror" before 9/11 and fomenting the islamic fundamentalist thread in the process (for instance Chechen nationalism becomes Chechen political islam), it could be argued that some of the Russian laws aiming at the suppression of homosexuality are really only a cultural response to the popularity of the same among elites in the western world.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I agree with that and Chomsky said years ago that he felt that an alliance of the former superpower rivals against the developing world was more likely than anything else.

That said I do see occasional gestures of a competitive nature, Russia does still seek to assert its super power status, gas wars with Europe, invading Georgia, trying to lead the world with a "war on terror" before 9/11 and fomenting the islamic fundamentalist thread in the process (for instance Chechen nationalism becomes Chechen political islam), it could be argued that some of the Russian laws aiming at the suppression of homosexuality are really only a cultural response to the popularity of the same among elites in the western world.