User Tag List

12 Last

Default Twitter Troll arrested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23599115

I actually think its alright that people like this are being picked up off the streets.

Particularly in this case, its pretty mad, not anything which I would consider could be considered remotely a contentious or contested issue but one of straight up threatening violence and mysogyny.

I agree with you, which means this thread can only be superfluous.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Yeah, the arrest was fitting.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i wanna know what the troll said
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Overall, the degree to which assault is threatened/insinuated on twitter is probably enough to satisfy your imagination...

I've read many articles following this story, and while all of them have shared a few of the threats she and two other women received, no single article has shared a timeline of the threats, likely because they are so voluminous.

The worst involve threats of murder, rape, mutilation, planting bombs, breaking and entering etc.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I've read many articles following this story, and while all of them have shared a few of the threats she and two other women received, no single article has shared a timeline of the threats, likely because they are so voluminous.

The worst involve threats of murder, rape, mutilation, planting bombs, breaking and entering etc.
    I tend to think that voluminous threats of that kind are signs that someone is escalating, with the link between escalation in violent fantasy to violent behaviour pretty much proven time and again it would appear to have been a good time to intervene and prosecute these people.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post

threatening people ≠ trolling. so it wasnt about trolling after all, just the topic and some parts of the article itself were trolling?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

threatening people ≠ trolling. so it wasnt about trolling after all, just the topic and some parts of the article itself were trolling?
    What are you saying?

Is this another one of these lousy attempts to associate "trolling" with something "fun" like satirical comedy, instead of showing it up for what it is?

What are you saying?

Is this another one of these lousy attempts to associate "trolling" with something "fun" like satirical comedy, instead of showing it up for what it is?