User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    This post was already repetitive, and now you're repeating for both of us.
    So, why don't you try responding to my point so I can stop repeating it? You keep on saying that governments tend to cause more destruction than corporations and I am responding that you should focus less on the formal orders these institutions grant and more on what their leaders do and who they were influenced by.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    So, why don't you try responding to my point so I can stop repeating it? You keep on saying that governments tend to cause more destruction than corporations and I am responding that you should focus less on the formal orders these institutions grant and more on what their leaders do and who they were influenced by.
    The reason I respond the same way is contained in one or two of my responses above. I agree that "governments don't kill people, people kill people," as it were. But on your side, I see someone who blames corporations for all evil and looks to government for all the answers (yes I know governments are comprised of people).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

But on your side, I see someone who blames corporations for all evil and looks to government for all the answers (yes I know governments are comprised of people).
    That's just the stereotype of American liberals, my views are more in line with ordoliberalism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordoliberalism.

Government intervention in corporate cartels is not the entire solution to the problem, it is only a tiny fraction of the solution. Other parts of the solution include re-education of the public and socio-political action that alleviates other social injustices of our societies that prevents most citizens from becoming active participants in the political institutions.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's just the stereotype of American liberals, my views are more in line with ordoliberalism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordoliberalism.

Government intervention in corporate cartels is not the entire solution to the problem, it is only a tiny fraction of the solution. Other parts of the solution include re-education of the public and socio-political action that alleviates other social injustices of our societies that prevents most citizens from becoming active participants in the political institutions.
    Ah yes, I read the German constitution online once and it contained a lot of stuff like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Ah yes, I read the German constitution online once and it contained a lot of stuff like that.
    It contained a lot of ordoliberal tenets or ideas that you associate with American liberalism?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It contained a lot of ordoliberal tenets or ideas that you associate with American liberalism?
    It contains a lot of dispensing of special rights to groups of individuals.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordoliberalism seems to be built on sound logic, but would it spur innovation into high speed in order to combat various problems the Earth is facing—including a limited supply of resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordoliberalism seems to be built on sound logic, but would it spur innovation into high speed in order to combat various problems the Earth is facing—including a limited supply of resources?
    My familiarity with ordoliberalism is limited, but I think rather than put innovation in high speed to combat limited supply of resources they would rather turn the clock back. So somebody like Wilhelm Ropke's solution for the high energy cost of industrialized agriculture that uses natural gas for fertilizer and oil for transport would be to have humans just expend more individual energy by having backyard gardens.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

would not this lack of understanding perpetuates existing trends for those who stand to benefit
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee