User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

what do you think is her MBTI type? I was reading her conversation with this disgusting excuse for a human being Adrian Lamo. Manning is a beautiful human being. I think she's Fi-dom:

"(03:13:31 PM) bradass87: it was unreal… i mean, i’ve identified bodies before… its rare to do so, but usually its just some nobody
    (03:13:48 PM) bradass87: it humanized the whole thing… re-sensitized me
    (03:15:38 PM) bradass87: i dont know… im just, weird i guess
    (03:15:49 PM) bradass87: i cant separate myself from others
    (03:16:12 PM) bradass87: i feel connected to everybody… like they were distant family
    (03:16:24 PM) bradass87: i… care?"

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ing-lamo-logs/

"(01:53:58 AM) bradass87: so many Disorders that so many people fall into… it just seems like a method to categorize a person, medicate them, and make money from prescription medications
    (01:54:04 AM) info@adrianlamo.com: brb
    (01:54:31 AM) bradass87: i’d like to meet a single person that wouldn’t fall into a Disorder in the DSM-IV-TR
    "

"(02:18:34 AM) info@adrianlamo.com: what’s your endgame plan, then?
    (02:18:36 AM) bradass87: it was vulnerable as fuck
    (02:20:57 AM) bradass87: well, it was forwarded to WL
    (02:21:18 AM) bradass87: and god knows what happens now
    (02:22:27 AM) bradass87: hopefully worldwide discussion, debates, and reforms
    (02:23:06 AM) bradass87: if not… than we’re doomed
    (02:23:18 AM) bradass87: as a species
    (02:24:13 AM) bradass87: i will officially give up on the society we have if nothing happens"

I'd bet on INFP.

disgusting excuse for a human being Adrian Lamo
    Manning is a beautiful human being. I think she's Fi-dom:
    A "disgusting excuse for a human being" can be Fi-dom. Perhaps they're both Fi-dom.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Ignoring the absurdity of typing based on a couple chat logs, I'll play, and these seem Fe to me. "I feel connected to everybody, like they were distant family," "if not then we're doomed, as a species, I will officially give up on the society we have if nothing happens."

Feeling is focused outwards, externally, on others. She shows a reticence and disgust in impersonal thinking and categorization when applied to people. My guess is ISFJ.

But hell, Fi dom could definitely use that language too.

Yes I realize this is unhelpful.

Where are your mad skillz? A "beautiful person" is involved.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Ignoring the absurdity of typing based on a couple chat logs, I'll play, and these seem Fe to me. "I feel connected to everybody, like they were distant family," "if not then we're doomed, as a species, I will officially give up on the society we have if nothing happens."

Feeling is focused outwards, externally, on others. She shows a reticence and disgust in impersonal thinking and categorization when applied to people. My guess is ISFJ.

But hell, Fi dom could definitely use that language too.

Yes I realize this is unhelpful.
    You mean Manning?

I'd honestly be shocked if an ISJ would break the rules and commit technical treason, especially in an institution like the military, in the way that Manning did. There would have been some kind of negotiation, at the least, and not a flagrant and bold, loud violation of the rules. I mean, it's a self-screening org -- the type of ISJ who would actually join the military reinforces that kind of mindset of working within the system.

This sounds a lot more Fi-style behavior to me. *shrug*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Where are your mad skillz? A "beautiful person" is involved.
    Oops, missed that part.

Obviously xNFP beautiful snowflake, ratted out by that disgusting ESFJ Adrian Lamo.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    A "disgusting excuse for a human being" can be Fi-dom. Perhaps they're both Fi-dom.
    sure. but i'm not really interested in discussing his type so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Read through the first chat log. Manning looks to be a mess. Only 22 years old, though, and having made a stupid mistake by joining the military, and then basically waiting to be discharged because of gender identity disorder that he told his army shrink about, and having a pretty messed up childhood underneath all that.

There's a lot of desperation in the style of contact -- putting way too much out there to a complete stranger, looking for affirmation or connection. (You can see Adrian basically NOT putting much in return out there. In fact, he's even trying to feel things out to make sure Manning's not a plant or false lead or psycho.)

What a mess.

Was Adrian telling the truth about having a MTF ex?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Manning gets 35 years and people want to talk about his/her MBTI type? /facepalm

Americans are hopeless.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Manning gets 35 years and people want to talk about his/her MBTI type? /facepalm

Americans are hopeless.
    Skimming back through the thread again, everything I read today on my own you've already said.
    What were you expecting from this thread that you didn't already say?
    So of course conversation went elsewhere.

It's an entire clusterfuck. Lamo's claiming to be in danger, Greenwald's claiming to be in danger, Manning's going to jail. According to the chat transcripts, Lamo was suprised Manning actually had TS clearance... and Manning was early 20's at the time and under horrible stress and said the background checks were jokes, the gov didn't give a crap about proper screening because they wanted to ship as many people as possible over there. Seriously, it's like everyone's got mud on their faces.

Probably the worst, of course, is that the US Gov is the biggest gorilla on the playground, so it's basically gotten what it wanted out of the matter and everyone else is still collateral damage even if they were all still playing some level of game.