User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I honestly cannot imagine what that's like. Unless you're a celebrity or wealthy, males are almost never pursued. We're always on the other side of this, thinking "should I approach that woman"? If a male never approaches anyone, he'll almost certainly spend his life alone. Unfortunately, the ones who do approach women most often are the d-bags.

I guess I'm trying to stick up for the guys who aren't sexist and are just awkward. I don't think anyone likes the entitled d-bags, but grouping all males together so nonchanlantly as feeling entitled to women's bodies is patently unfair.
    Distinctions are important. What is also important to remember is that everyone who lives in a sexist society is influenced by sexism in some manner. I was raised with sexist views against women and have had to consciously deal with these and become more fair-minded. Each person has had subconscious signals to create underlying, unspoken assumptions about gender. These must be processed consciously and judged for their validity and morality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    The passing comment at the bus stop denotes that i am simply fucking up their viewing pleasure because i'm not radiating sunshine
    The appropriate response to "you're too pretty to frown" is "you might think that, just as I may think you're too stupid to breathe. Sadly, neither is true."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Distinctions are important. What is also important to remember is that everyone who lives in a sexist society is influenced by sexism in some manner. I was raised with sexist views against women and have had to consciously deal with these and become more fair-minded. Each person has had subconscious signals to create underlying, unspoken assumptions about gender. These must be processed consciously and judged for their validity and morality.
    A sexist society...when I read that phrase, there's something I don't like about it. It's probably because it ignores trajectory and that men are pretty much always blamed for sexism (patriarchy). I've personally done nothing to subjugate women, but I have a penis, therefore I'm guilty of something. In the spectrum of all societies, I'd say the US is doing better than most and it's getting better with each generation.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

fwiw. i have a wide circle of friends, from many different walks of life. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM. FINDS. THIS. INSULTING.
    Insulting does not equal sexist. Just because a guy said something you don't like doesn't make it sexist. All of your other examples were great, but that one was over-the-top.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

like the video taken of an unconscious drunk 16 year old girl getting gang raped and put on social media but because the boys had sports scholarships it would 'ruin their lives?'

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

okay. i really can't argue this with you anymore.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

like the video taken of an unconscious drunk 16 year old girl getting gang raped and put on social media but because the boys had sports scholarships it would 'ruin their lives?'
    That is a horrible situation, but in the past no one would have even known about the gang rape. Perspective.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

okay. i really can't argue this with you anymore.
    Well, I'm way too sexist (I said things you don't like).

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

That is a horrible situation, but in the past no one would have even known about the gang rape. Perspective.
    except she's labelled a slut and the mainstream media takes up the tone that they shouldn't have 'their lives ruined' because they happened to cause someone intense physical and emotional pain, uploading the video everywhere?

because you know, at 16 i'd love for everyone in my school and in various other places see me getting gangbanged.

Holy shit, you're digging quite a hole.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it