MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    IYou raise some really interestings points here. Specifically regarding ingrained sexism towards women by women. It's as if the over emphasis of stereotyping takes away from the serious. So that femininity itself becomes a mockery in some respects.
    Femininity IS a mockery in many respects, because it has become the dumping ground for a sadly limiting, disempowering, downright wimpy collection of traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I like hearing about involved dads, too, but I get a little impatient when everybody acts like an involved dad or a dad who even considers staying home needs to be applauded as if he has cured cancer or discovered life on another planet or something.
    I cut this one some slack, because these guys aren't just staying at home, they are doing it and being public about it in what is often a hostile environment. Same as we cheered on women entering traditionally male pursuits. When it isn't exceptional any more, the fuss will die down.

Incidentally that's what "staying home with the kids" meant for me, too- I always did something to bring in money- and caught some flak from a few women who approached staying home as an ideology rather than a personal choice for themselves, for not focusing on my kids enough. Even though I was rarely apart from them. Just by virtue of making a little money, I was neglecting them. Who knew?
    Just what do these folks think housewives of old did all day - play games with their kids and take them to the zoo? Before the era of modern conveniences, homemaking was far more work than it is now, with little time for the child-centered activities todays stay-at-home moms relish. Older siblings or elders watched kids, while Mom cleaned, sewed, canned, shopped, mended, cooked, and did everything else to keep the household running. And yes, much of this had obvious economic value.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Here's a handy cartoon:
    The cartoon and some responses came to mind when I read this thought-provoking essay: This is Rape Culture
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Riva

Testosterone tends to dominate. So naturally testosterone will dominate anything it believes is weaker than it from its own sex or the opposite. Only culture, law and order (which is actually a part of the culture or what culture believes is right) prevents the weak from being abused. We could only imagine the more cultured, civilized we become life will get better for the less dominant. In a way culture is the opposite of our biological tendencies. But then again empathy, love and all are a part of biological tendencies too. Hmm..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    The cartoon and some responses came to mind when I read this thought-provoking essay: This is Rape Culture
    Am I missing something again? Rape culture is feeling bad about not sticking up for yourself? For not walking out when it became plain that some guy wasn't about to respect you or your boundaries? I suppose this woman leaves the keys in her car, too, then complains when a thief steals it, and feels victimized again when a friend tells her what she did was dumb. Of course the fault lies with the aggressive man, or the car thief, but cause and effect relationships still apply.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Am I missing something ?
    Usually.

You know this typical stance you take doesn't make you genuinely "impartial", right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Usually.

You know this typical stance you take doesn't make you genuinely "impartial", right?
    I'm just calling it like I see it. I have no patience with political correctness. If anyone wants to show me the error of my ways, I will read it with interest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

From now on when people act like it's unreasonable that I'm still pissed off about how women are treated in the developed world and insist that we no longer need feminism, I'll just send them this story:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/2...illed-herself/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1422170

Get gang-raped; then get bullied for being a "slut".