First 25333435363745 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    ^I think it's quite hard for women to accept too.

You know what's interesting to me? For all that feminists get called "man-haters", it's only ever men that I hear saying they hate men. JJ, for example, is the only person who reacted to the ESP site with a statement like "I hate my gender, right now". In fact, I've never heard any woman say "I hate men" though a few of my male friends have done so. In such situations, I find myself defending men, in part because, well, I'm talking to one, and self-hate just isn't healthy, but they counter "you don't know what they're REALLY like, when women aren't around. They're fucking pigs."
    O....Kay then. I probably don't want to know, if I'm honest.
    It's also always fathers who get anxious about their daughters around other men - ANY, other men.
    It makes you wonder...
    Yeah, but those women have to learn the hard way. Like Megyn Kelley and Greta Van Susteren freaking out in shock and outrage when Lou Dobbs and that other ugly dude started spouting off about women breadwinners being unnatural. A lot of men never have that ugliness revealed to them, at least not beyond the point of rationalization.

The men hating men thing that you mention is just more sexual competition crap. Men are more apt to distrust another man when it comes to sexual behavior, but not when it comes to anything else.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

http://www.businessinsider.com/being...in-tech-2013-3
    Julie Pagano, a software engineer at Google, says that her experiences in technology have felt like death by 1,000 paper cuts.

"...Sometimes being a software engineer means death by 1000 cuts because you don't have the power to make it stop," Pagano writes. "Even the tiniest little things add up to something big — sometimes it's really death by 1000 paper cuts."

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Along with dismissive, minimizing, STFU and deal with it comments below the article.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

If only it were that subtle.

I was told by one boss when I applied for a promotion that I should restrict myself to "female-friendly" jobs. The same guy told me (in the same meeting) that he had a zero tolerance policy towards sexism in his office.
    That's the level of stupid you're dealing with here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

The men hating men thing that you mention is just more sexual competition crap. Men are more apt to distrust another man when it comes to sexual behavior, but not when it comes to anything else.
    Sexual competition....over their daughters?

I don't see much trust between men, tbh. I see a lot of posturing and defensiveness, but not a lot of trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    If only it were that subtle.

I was told by one boss when I applied for a promotion that I should restrict myself to "female-friendly" jobs. The same guy told me (in the same meeting) that he had a zero tolerance policy towards sexism in his office.
    That's the level of stupid you're dealing with here.
    Sounds like David Brent in the TV comedy, "The Office UK",

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Right on thread Nij.

Not sure if has been mentioned or not (fair few pages so def a possibility) but there was some interesting research into university courses/a university course where the persons on the course...maybe it was philosophy.... used specific language (i think, my memory is hazy) to communicate with each other. I believe it was positive reinforcement style and eliminated sexism and rascism etc. I do believe the results were that the classic divide between women and minorities not doing as well as the privilaged white guy were also eliminated... and the results were very close for all the students regardless.

I wish i could remember it though @erm talked to me about on a couple of occaisions. He would be a wonderful person to have in this discussion actually.

So... the point was that sexism is so ingrained, so accepted (and it does happen with men too, stereotying being the most common accepted form) that it does have an impact on society...on our performance as individuals. On who we believe we are, should be and can be. I think it's a huge myth that we all buy into though. Even the male physique performance thing. I doubt it would take much of an evolutionary push to bring women up to the same levels in purely that way. Women though can and do outperform men in sport... few and far between they may be, but it's possible...and where it is possible for one it is possible for many....it's a gateway.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    an evolutionary push
    What do you mean by this?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    A small scale shift. Mentality could play a part because it does influence the social sphere.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    A small scale shift. Mentality could play a part because it does influence the social sphere.
    How do you imagine the shift occurring? Only the strongest and fastest females mate?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.