User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Weininger was a rabid, gay, homophobic misogynist and a Nazi Jew. In short, someone who had ...issues with identity politics.
    You got me. But, I am glad you are familiar with him. His ideas are provocative, and I appreciate that. He's too intellectual for your average bigot, so he's probably consigned to obscurity.

Rabid. Most certainly. Gay. That's in dispute. Misogynist. Yes, definitely, but it's also a bit more complex. He is not critical of women, just femininity. He died in 1903, so it would be a stretch to call him a Nazi. He was, apparently, a self-hating Jew.

I mostly like him because he looks like and reminds me of a friend from college. I want to believe in time travel.

You really thought it was a good idea to use a renowned misogynist as an authority in a thread about sexism?

Heh. Sly ol' ENTP.
    To be honest, I was oblivious to the context. The talk of criminality sparked an association with him. I wish I could take credit for a good troll, but as it is many times, I troll by accident. It's just my mental club foot. (Will that offend anyone with a club foot?(Attempting consideration.))
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You got me. But, I am glad you are familiar with him. His ideas are provocative, and I appreciate that. He's too intellectual for your average bigot, so he's probably consigned to obscurity.
    Plus there's the fact that he was, you know, crazy.
    Still, the Nazis loved him.

He is not critical of women, just femininity.
    ORLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by your own sauce, P206
    Greatness is absent from the nature of the woman and the Jew, the greatness of morality, or the greatness of evil. In the Aryan man, the good and bad principles of Kant’s religious philosophy are ever present, ever in strife. In the Jew and the woman, good and evil are not distinct from one another … It would not be difficult to make a case for the view that the Jew is more saturated with femininity than the Aryan, to such an extent that the most manly Jew is more feminine than the least manly Aryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch
    He died in 1903, so it would be a stretch to call him a Nazi. He was, apparently, a self-hating Jew.
    Let's just split the difference and call him an anti-Semitic loon.
    I mostly like him because he looks like and reminds me of a friend from college. I want to believe in time travel.
    Nice friends you have . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    XXFP

Some random drunk man called a girl a bitch last night...they were walking away from each other so I didn't see any need to intervene. No idea what the conversation was about. It didn't seem like a failed pickup as much as general bitterness.

But in basically every city I've seen a "conversation" that goes like this, typically it's one guy in a group, I don't recall ever seeing it with just one guy by himself (which probably says something in itself):

Hey girl. Yaw, come walk over here, you looking fine

(girl keeps walking)

Hey, where you walking? I said WHERE YOU WALKING?

(girl keeps walking)

Whatever bitch you fucking ugly anyway. SLUT

I've never, ever, ever seen a girl react positively to the first line. Just doesn't happen. ("the hook" varies in wording but tends to have the same tone.) I'm not sure what is in those guys heads, it's certainly not providing something that she'd want.

I was in a 7-11 once in line. A pretty girl walked into the store. The guy in front of me turns around and says to me You'd like to skull fuck her, wouldn't ya? I was maybe 16 or 17 (soon after I got license) - I didn't know what to say. The girl got behind us in line and I didn't know what to say to her either. I just stayed quiet. I paid and waited outside for the girl to leave and get into her car and drive off, the guy didn't follow her.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

When I was a kid (I think I was about 7 or 8?), I remember being in the car one day when we saw a couple walking along the side of the road. They were arguing, and the guy kept shoving the woman and making her stumble into the ditch. People were just driving past, some slowed down to watch, but nobody seemed to be stopping. My dad pulled over, told the guy he had no business treating anybody like that, offered the woman a ride (she declined) and then said that we were heading home to call 911, and then we did go home and he did call 911. I remember being nervous when we drove away that the cops wouldn't take it seriously and that the fact that my dad called the guy out on his asshole behavior might mean he would hurt the woman more later. But it did make an impact on me that my dad would do that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

It seems hard for a lot of men to accept that there are a large number of their gender that harbor an out-and-out hatred for women. Especially when you throw sexual desire in the mix.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^I think it's quite hard for women to accept too.

You know what's interesting to me? For all that feminists get called "man-haters", it's only ever men that I hear saying they hate men. JJ, for example, is the only person who reacted to the ESP site with a statement like "I hate my gender, right now". In fact, I've never heard any woman say "I hate men" though a few of my male friends have done so. In such situations, I find myself defending men, in part because, well, I'm talking to one, and self-hate just isn't healthy, but they counter "you don't know what they're REALLY like, when women aren't around. They're fucking pigs."
    O....Kay then. I probably don't want to know, if I'm honest.
    It's also always fathers who get anxious about their daughters around other men - ANY, other men.
    It makes you wonder...

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    The passing comment at the bus stop denotes that i am simply fucking up their viewing pleasure because i'm not radiating sunshine
    So what?

I've often done the same kind of comment with little kids. Does that imply I'm a paedophile, or that I discriminate children?

I think it's a duty to "radiate sunshine" when you live in a big city. There are never enough smiles to witness. And French people are unfortunately known to be rude and grumpy, if you understand what I mean...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

^I think it's quite hard for women to accept too.

You know what's interesting to me? For all that feminists get called "man-haters", it's only ever men that I hear saying they hate men. JJ, for example, is the only person who reacted to the ESP site with a statement like "I hate my gender, right now". In fact, I've never heard any woman say "I hate men" though a few of my male friends have done so. In such situations, I find myself defending men, in part because, well, I'm talking to one, and self-hate just isn't healthy, but they counter "you don't know what they're REALLY like, when women aren't around. They're fucking pigs."
    O....Kay then. I probably don't want to know, if I'm honest.
    It's also always fathers who get anxious about their daughters around other men - ANY, other men.
    It makes you wonder...
    I've had quite the opposite experience: I've heard countless times women saying that they definitely hate men. And I've also heard women claiming some of them could be "pigs" as well.

But of course, you have to put my modest experience into context: I grew up surrounded by lesbians and very vocal feminists. But I like them, and understand them nonetheless. Even if, as a man, I often felt like an intruder when I discussed with them, they often forgave my gender (I had not chosen to be born that way) and were very kind.
    Even today, some of my best female friends are actually militant lesbians.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I've had quite the opposite experience: I've heard countless times women saying that they definitely hate men. And I've also heard women claiming some of them could be "pigs" as well.

But of course, you have to put my modest experience into context: I grew up surrounded by lesbians and very vocal feminists. But I like them, and understand them nonetheless. Even if, as a man, I often felt like an intruder when I discussed with them, they often forgave my gender (I had not chosen to be born that way) and were very kind.
    Even today, some of my best female friends are actually militant lesbians.
    Your care-givers told you they hated your gender?

Wow. That's unacceptable. A thing like that could really warp your perspective. It's good to know you don't bear a grudge.

PS, what's a "militant lesbian"? Someone who really, REALLY fancies women?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

It's good to know you don't bear a grudge.
    Why should I "bear a grudge"?

I think you can bear a grudge only if you've been seriously abused. It never really was the case.

In many aspects, some of them were right nonetheless... or rather, given the context, they had a serious reason to say that. I remember Monique Wittig for instance, she was a wonderful woman, but she would have slapped me in the face if I would have dared to say that in her presence. She was a wonderful "human being" nonetheless. She taught me a lot about her perspective.

Why should I "bear a grudge" against her?

7w8 SCUxI