User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Shut up and take it is about the stupidest advice I can imagine. God, imagine if every group that was subject to systemic injustice had done that!
    If you speak up, they don't have your assent.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

Now for an egregious example of entitlement and victim blaming: Ariel Castro's Statement
    Mmmm. Yeah that's why I have such a problem with narcissists and sociopaths. They can always think of reasons why something isn't their fault. I actually presumed Theresa Knorr had ASPD instead of BPD because after slowly torturing and murdering two of her own teenaged daughters, she sits in prison and says things like "I am not a monster."

The beatings, Castro claimed, were his former wife’s fault because “she wouldn’t quiet down. The situation would escalate until the point where she would put her hands on me, and that's how I reacted, by putting my hands on her.”
    And he appears to blame Berry for getting into his car while saying he doesn’t blame her.

A letter written by Ariel Castro.

“Amanda, she got into my vehicle without even knowing who I was,” Castro said. “I don’t blame you.”
    And this is how empathetic people with low self-esteem get things like Stockholm Syndrome or stay with someone who is abusing them, because they want to be empathetic, don't have the confidence to trust themselves, and begin buying into shit exactly like Castro is saying, believing the rationalizations on how it's the victim's fault he beat her, or because a little girl got into his car.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    might as well call this the "woe is me thread". everyone has problems, it doesn't mean you're going to gain my sympathy by posting a thread on it. feminism aside, this is a broader trend that's starting to piss me off. people need to stop feeling sorry for themselves, pick themselves up by the bootstraps and rise above their problems. yes, it's hard, but that struggle is what makes us strong and what gives us stories to remember.
    Yah, I don't think people are looking for sympathy. The point is to start a movement that will teach women to share their experiences instead of feeling like they are at fault or hide them and feel bad about themselves for what happened. I don't care what you think about it :P
    "In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same." - Einstein

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I actually presumed Theresa Knorr had ASPD instead of BPD because after slowly torturing and murdering two of her own teenaged daughters, she sits in prison and says things like "I am not a monster."
    Perhaps true criminals are incapable of accepting responsibility, maybe because they lack Self. That is the essence of criminality?

Weininger on the subject:

"Only brutalised criminals and insane persons take
    absolutely no interest in their fellow men; they live as if they were alone in the world,
    and the presence of strangers has no effect on them. But for him who possesses a self
    there is a self in his neighbour
    , and only the man who has lost the logical and ethical
    centre of his being behaves to a second man as if the latter were not a man and had no
    personality of his own. “I” and “thou” are complementary terms. A man soonest gains
    consciousness of himself when he is with other men. This is why a man is prouder in
    the presence of other men than when he is alone, whilst it is in his hours of solitude
    that his self-confidence is damped. Lastly, he who destroys himself destroys at the
    same time the whole universe, and he who murders another commits the greatest
    crime because he murders himself in his victim
    . Absolute selfishness is, in practice, a
    horror, which should rather be called nihilism; if there is no “thou,” there is certainly
    no "I", and that would mean there is nothing."
    Sauce: http://www.theabsolute.net/ottow/schareng.pdf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Being mistaken for a prostitute & propositioned while wearing a flannel shirt and jeans just because I'm walking by myself at night on the wrong street

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Being mistaken for a prostitute & propositioned while wearing a flannel shirt and jeans just because I'm walking by myself at night on the wrong street
    That must be terrifying.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

What if feeling sorry for yourself is part of the process? What if we paid attention and listened long enough so that the self-pity dissolved into gratitude at being heard for once?
    Yeah...it's not about self-pity. And no one is going to "dissolve into gratitude". FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Weininger on the subject:
    Weininger was a rabid, gay, homophobic misogynist and a Nazi Jew. In short, someone who had ...issues with identity politics.

You really thought it was a good idea to use a renowned misogynist as an authority in a thread about sexism?

Heh. Sly ol' ENTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Yeah...it's not about self-pity. And no one is going to "dissolve into gratitude". FFS.
    Does sound lame when I read it now.