User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 639

  1. #291
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I find it very insulting that you assume to know so much about me to imply I'm a socially clueless moron.
    I assume nothing. Allow me to present the evidence:
    -you post something to the OP so tactless and ill-informed that it made her apoplectic and she assumes you a troll (yet you claimed not to intend to give offense). This is the definition of being socially clueless. Anyone who wasn't would understand just how much offense your post would give
    -Understanding the nature of INTP men, I defend you by saying, basically, you didn't mean to give offense and taking time to address your post respectfully
    -you then insult me, because you completely failed to read what I said in the correct light

    We are actually agreeing with the statement, females are choosier, Women are socialized to be far more selective in potential mates, you replied this had more to do with biology, I agree it probably is based more in biology but the socialization of this stems from this but it still needed.
    I'm not sure you know what socialisation means.
    (In a number of senses.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #292
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Okay. So i just want to make myself clear on what has been said over tge last couple of pages. Men cannot control themselves and their biological urges to mate. Because women are limited by their ability to only produce one egg, they have to be choosy, meaning they can get sex whenever they want, however they want, with whomever they want. However, if they do, they are called sluts and abandoned or shamed if they get pregnant. Because if course men have no responsibility in that area.

    Is that right? Is that what you're telling me? That I should be GLAD for the attention and how easy it is to get sex? That I should be happy that I get reduced, daily, to nothing more than a sexual object for men's desires?

    Hum. Okay. Whelp, apparently I don't know my place.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  3. #293
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    I'd give up if I were you. Trying to educate the retards on this site is even less fun than getting hit on at a bus stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #294
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    I always viewed arguing on the Internet as being even less successful than trying to convince a brick wall to see things from my view. Hence, I've never bothered with it, because, what's the point?

    It's like no one has bothered to read the blog or watch the video. It seems like some have not considered whether or not they would be okay if this shit was happening to their daughter, sister, girlfriend or mother?

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  5. #295
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    It's like no one has bothered to read the blog or watch the video. It seems like some have not considered whether or not they would be okay if this shit was happening to their daughter, sister, girlfriend or mother?
    Well, naturally. They're too busy trying to figure out why they can't get laid.
    One day, they might realise how those things are related, and then we can all have a nice cup of tea and a group hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #296
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I always viewed arguing on the Internet as being even less successful than trying to convince a brick wall to see things from my view. Hence, I've never bothered with it, because, what's the point?

    It's like no one has bothered to read the blog or watch the video. It seems like some have not considered whether or not they would be okay if this shit was happening to their daughter, sister, girlfriend or mother?
    Perhaps you are presuming misogynists are acting in good will.

    I believe that the fact that women are insulted, exploited, harassed, beaten, raped, enslaved, infibulated, and killed, shows that misogynists act from ill will.

    So arguing with misogynists on the basis of good will is doomed to failure.

    Femen like Pussy Riot are in jail or have been forced to flee their country - doesn't look like good will to me.

  7. #297
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Well, naturally. They're too busy trying to figure out why they can't get laid.
    One day, they might realise how those things are related, and then we can all have a nice cup of tea and a group hug.
    I do love a good cup of tea.


    @Mole my goodwill towards others on viewing we are all equal is inherently my downfall in this area.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  8. #298
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    I mean, I guess if I want to use faulty science I could say;

    "I’m not a misandrist, but men really shouldn’t be allowed to be doctors. Since men were always hunters, and women always gathers, women developed better vision and a better sense of the importance of details as we gathered plants for our families to eat, while men were neurologically patterned to see violence as a good thing. Do you really want a doctor who is neurologically inclined towards thinking of blood as being a good thing? It’s not misandry, it’s just evolution."

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  9. #299
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I mean, I guess if I want to use faulty science I could say;

    "I’m not a misandrist, but men really shouldn’t be allowed to be doctors. Since men were always hunters, and women always gathers, women developed better vision and a better sense of the importance of details as we gathered plants for our families to eat, while men were neurologically patterned to see violence as a good thing. Do you really want a doctor who is neurologically inclined towards thinking of blood as being a good thing? It’s not misandry, it’s just evolution."
    And they did not develop the empathy and nurturing instinct that comes from caring for pre-verbal infants. This translates directly into patient care, many of whom cannot communicate verbally and who require a heightened sense of empathy in order to diagnose and treat. Also, men make better nurses because it takes greater physical strength to be a nurse than a doctor, and in this way they can best rely on the direction of the female's ability to diagnose and focus on the physical strength requirements of the process.

    [and no, I don't think this]
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  10. #300

    Default

    I've peeped in on the thread a couple of times to see how it's going and I am saddened but unsurprised to see how many men view this unacceptable behavior as perfectly reasonable. Suffice it to say @Nijntje that I have experienced some of the same things that you have shared (and worse). I have had a couple of the closest men in my life, who I have shared a thing or two with, downplay these incidents, and that hurt enormously.

    Bill Maher said denying racism is the new racism and that applies to sexism as well.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar Threads

  1. MBTIC Member Project! Help us out!
    By Ivy in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 04:40 PM
  2. [NF] NF and pygmilion projects
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 07:25 PM
  3. Prejudice, bigotry, racism, and sexism...
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
  4. School Project
    By Metamorphosis in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO