User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Default North Korea Exposes the Western Propaganda

A "leaked" documentary from North Korean, about western (US) lifestyle and politics:

http://superchief.tv/leaked-north-ko...ow-true-it-is/

LEAKED NORTH KOREAN DOCUMENTARY ‘EXPOSES WESTERN PROPAGANDA’ (AND IT’S SCARY HOW TRUE IT IS)

Sabine is a YouTube user who, during a visit to family living in South Korea in April of this year, was given a DVD by a man and a woman claiming to be North Korean “defectors”, and was asked to translate the film so it could be posted on the internet and reach a wider audience. What the DVD turned out to be was something much more than Sabine, or anyone else, probably would’ve imagined, and something that certainly has found a widespread audience on the internet over the last month or so – it was a film called “PROPAGANDA”, a documentary about capitalism, imperialism, mass manipulation of western culture for the purpose of commodification, and how it permeates every aspect of the lives of blissfully ignorant, borderline zombie masses.

And jesus, is it on the fucking money.

Table of Contents:

0:00 Introduction
    6:54 Creating Ideas & Illusions
    16:48 Fear
    19:35 Religion
    25:00 Beware the 1%
    28:10 Emulating Psychosis
    31:21 Rewriting History
    41:15 The Birth of Propaganda
    45:49 Cover Ups and Omissions
    54:10 Complicity
    58:05 Censorship
    1:01:50 International Diplomacy
    1:06:14 Television
    1:08:11 Advertising
    1:14:36 The Cult of Celebrity
    1:22:34 Distraction
    1:28:01 Terrorism
    1:35:00 The Revolution Starts Now

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGxbOVscHPs

Thanks for the link. Apparently this was actually filmed in Christchurch - which is pretty funny: the reason they say North Korea is to prove a point, I guess, on how controlled we really are by the media. We only know of North Korea through the media. Our perception could be completely screwed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Yes, because clearly a place that actually indoctrinates their population is a trustworthy source on indoctrination in other cultures.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Yes, because clearly a place that actually indoctrinates their population is a trustworthy source on indoctrination in other cultures.
    The idea that they "indoctrinate" their population is a perception you obviously have gained from Western media.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    The idea that they "indoctrinate" their population is a perception you obviously have gained from Western media.
    Well, let's think about it.

In 2011, China executed over 4,000 citizens, versus the United State's 46. No one knows figures out of North Korea, but given their track record of human rights violations, it's probably safe to say their citizens aren't faring much better on the civil liberties front.

If it's not indoctrination, it's definitely selective breeding. Anything coming out of that entire zone of operation claiming the inferiority of other systems is something to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Well, let's think about it.

In 2011, China executed over 4000 citizens, versus the United State's 46. No one knows figures out of North Korea, but given their track record of human rights violations, it's probably safe to say their citizens aren't faring much better on the civil liberties front.

If it's not indoctrination, it's definitely selective breeding. Anything coming out of that entire zone of operation claiming the inferiority of other systems is something to behold.

My statement was an attempt at humor. I can of like my way of saying it since its hard to tell if its humor or if Im being serious.

Also on this subject: I feel like in Communist societies alot of propaganda comes from the governement, whereas in Capitalism, alot of propaganda comes from corporations. We are all subject to propaganda, I kid you not, its just that the source of the propaganda is different.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post

My statement was an attempt at humor. I can of like my way of saying it since its hard to tell if its humor or if Im being serious.

Also on this subject: I feel like in Communist societies alot of propaganda comes from the governement, whereas in Capitalism, alot of propaganda comes from corporations. We are all subject to propaganda, I kid you not, its just that the source of the propaganda is different.
    Lol! I see it now -_- Now I know how easy that is, I'm usually the one in your position...

Yeah, concurred. Is it all rooted from the same basic tenets? Are the two ideologically seperable of intent, or is it a case by case basis?

Hmmmmm, well, I think both are forms of propaganda and can be dangerous to personal/individual freedom if one cant detach mentally from said propaganda. Thats the POV I was peaking from...However, as far as intents go, governments use propaganda to control populations, whereas corporations simply to sell. However in both cases, wealth is power, and Communist governments try to keep their grip on power by controlling who owns the money(they do). Corporations have the same motive, as we both know. So both are driven by money. All propaganda is a ploy for money and power. The one difference would be that in Capitalism there is equal oppurtinity(or there at least should be) and competition, and that detail makes all the difference when you think about it; Id rather a corporation be after my money than a government; to the corporation you can always say "no".

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    "There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says 'Morning, boys, how's the water?' And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes, 'What the hell is water?' " - David Foster Wallace

In other words, one does not truly understand the natural environment one lives in. One can easily say that America (and most Western type countries) participates in Passive-Aggressive indoctrination (advertisement, PR, propaganda...yes propaganda) while other countries participate in more Active indoctrination. But one country doesn't necessarily call their own state indoctrination because he has become used to the daily life, while a life of a different state would be indoctrination.

Look into Imperialism, and we can have a nice chat about what the Western Countries thought of other countries living habits.