• have changed allegiances

12 33.33%
  • have not

15 41.67%
  • am not American

9 25.00%
First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Pretty much this. I don't understand why people are so shocked that Obama turned out not to be a revolutionary. If people had listened to the debates, it was clear he wasn't the firebrand radical people thought he would be. Of course, people just called me "cynical" for pointing that out at the time.

I'd like anyone here who is upset because they "didn't get the change they voted for" dig up the democratic primaries in Youtube. Him and Hillary, the two people at the top of the race, were the most moderate of the bunch.

And yes, his answers to questions about the Patriot Act and the like were lukewarm at best.
    The thing that gets me is when the politicians left and right go on TV and say that the so called centre ground has moved to the right, balls it has, the politicians and their pay masters want that to be the case and know there's no credible alternative to vote for at the moment, you have moderate and militant of the neo-classical, neo-liberal brand and that's it. There's even less and less of a cultural difference between them, with parties like the UK conservatives pushing the gay rights agenda as much as their opposition. The choice is like that between Pepsi and Coca Cola, they are the same thing, only slightly different.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I was raised hard Democrat but have moved more to the center over the years. These days, my sweet spot seems to consist of moderate Republicans, who usually get my vote on the local level. Too bad, locally, the Tea Party Republicans are slowly taking over.

My issue is that I tend to be more socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. I want to like Republicans, because they are the only ones that seem to care about our countries financial woes, but they lost my trust during the Bush years. Republicans only seem to care about how money is being spent when Democrats are at the top.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

2014 is going to be fun.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    2014 is going to be fun.
    You anticipate any kind of meaningful change in voting habits?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Libertarianism is nothing to do with thinking my friend, oh yeah, its feeling to the max, feeling like a spoiled infant and rationalising it all like fuck.

If you want to go thinker then everyone can vote for Ralph Nader. Oh wait, that was tried.
    No its not, Libertarianism is entirely a rational phylosophy. Sure its got some emotional elements to it but its a self sufficient logical system. Ti might look like rationalization to you, a Te dom though.

I started out as a Republican. I even belonged to my college's Young Republicans chapter. However, while I claim no party allegiance, I've slowly found myself more to the left. I wouldn't say I actually MOVED to the left, but the whole system has moved so dramatically far to the right since the first time I could vote in 1988 that I've simply found myself more to the left. I might still be a Republican if it were still the party that Barry Goldwater championed, but the GOP has been taken over by brazen whores and Jesus freaks who hate Jesus. I sorta like Chris Christie, and I would have voted for McCain before aliens transreversed his brain in 2008, but for the most part I can't imagine voting for a national candidate whose ideology would be palatable to the GOP.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I've always voted Republican since they are less likely to raise my taxes and screw up the economy. Also, I've never seen a more dishonest president than the one currently in the white house. As an ISTJ, liars offend me. The use of the IRS to target political enemies is a new low in politics. The rewarding of multi-million dollar non-bid contracts to your college buddy offends me as well. Basically, I see Democratic politicians as domestic enemies.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    No its not, Libertarianism is entirely a rational phylosophy. Sure its got some emotional elements to it but its a self sufficient logical system. Ti might look like rationalization to you, a Te dom though.
    Well, this Ti dom considers libertarianism a mess.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

your resident asshole

Nope. I've never switched. The Democrats have always been the much lesser of two evils. I just dislike the Republican party so much. It would be nice if we could have more than two parties like other countries. I'd love to see the Libertarians and Green party get a fighting chance. Or even if the Republican party just turned into the Libertarian party, I'd be a much happier person with a lot harder time voting.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You anticipate any kind of meaningful change in voting habits?
    The ACA is a hell of an Albatross to have around ones neck.