• have changed allegiances

12 33.33%
  • have not

15 41.67%
  • am not American

9 25.00%
First 12345 Last

Society

i voted non-american,because... i'm not american...

but locally both my parents were faithful to the leading left-wing party of their time, while i have yet to vote for the same party twice - a few of those could be said to have voted for "the other team" a.k.a. right-wing parties - mostly because the left was winging - largely i believe our system tends to works best when we have a weak government with a small coalition demanding "bi-partisan" effort & the solicitation of small unrelated parties in order to regulate system-wide change.

that's being said, on foreign affairs i am still rather left-wing oriented, and if i see a change for the better prospects of communication within neighboring politics (like the palestinian elections actually happening, for starters), i would probably go back to that.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Check this article out at Politico:

GOP hawks: This will not stand, Rand

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Check this article out at Politico:

GOP hawks: This will not stand, Rand
    Peter King is a vile piece of shit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Peter King is a vile piece of shit.
    TRUTH
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Do people really vote mostly along family/community lines in the US? Is there an expectation that you should stick to the political beliefs that you were raised in?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Technically, I haven't changed.

Unless Christie eases up on guns etc.. he won't be debating Hillary in '16.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/us...l?ref=politics

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rtarians-hard/

The fact that he sent some vitriol, I'm less inclined to vote for him.

If you guys have any chance with the second Paul, you can count me in.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Do people really vote mostly along family/community lines in the US? Is there an expectation that you should stick to the political beliefs that you were raised in?
    Yes, that is rather common, but I'd be very shocked if that was not the case in New Zealand or anywhere else. Seems to make perfect sense that upbringing would have an effect on this kind of thing. It's a lot like religion.

As for me, I do a lot of questioning and analysis of things, so it's not as though I'm just repeating things without thinking about them. I have a strong need for Ti internal consistency, which means that priniciples are very very important to me, and I can't just discard them when it's convenient

. I mean, first I was told that if Bush was re-elected, he was going to become dictator (and I was impressionable at the time, so I believed it), because of all the intrusions on privacy he's done. 2008 primaries come around, and non of the candidates at the top of the race same that concerned about privacy or the Bill of Rights. When this finally rears its head with Snowden and PRISM, now "national security is important" and "we need to keep this country safe." I can't do that 180 degree switch, and it maddens me that so many people expect me to.

I mean, what party do you vote for, and what party do your parents vote for? If it's different, does that really not cause any tension? Unless it's like the New Zealand Liberal Progressive Party vs. the New Zealand Progressive Liberal party. (Political party names seem to be equally stupid and meaningless across the globe.)

I find myself preventing disagreements between my dad and my uncle. Both of them are too set in their ways for the discussion to do anything except get ugly.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Kind of. Most of my family and my in-laws are religious and political conservatives and they consider me wrong-headed, lapsed from the faith, and a bad influence from what I can tell. Not just because of my politics, but partly because of them, especially my support for gay marriage. They're mostly polite, but in a pained kind of way. They are praying I will see the light.

Hopefully most families aren't quite as bad as mine when it comes to this stuff, but things are kind of polarized and emotional here right now, so who knows?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Sure, until you go to college.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Unless Christie eases up on guns etc.. he won't be debating Hillary in '16.
    Entirely to the benefit of the Democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Technically, I haven't changed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/us...l?ref=politics

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rtarians-hard/

The fact that he sent some vitriol, I'm less inclined to vote for him.

If you guys have any chance with the second Paul, you can count me in.
    I'm so torn. On one hand, this is something I actually agree with libertarians on. On the other hand, I'm so generally opposed to libertarianism that I usually try support any attack on its influence.

Choices.
    Go to sleep, iguana.