User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Zimmerman is found not guilty. Meanwhile, no one cares about the NSA.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are tons of ambiguous self defense cases that don't get noticed by the media. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure there are tons of ambiguous self defense cases that don't get noticed by the media. Just sayin.
    You think this was a media strategy? Or just a reflection of public interest?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

It's probably more a reflection of public interest, but that hardly makes it any less disturbing. So long as they have their bread and circuses, the public don't care about much of anything.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You think this was a media strategy? Or just a reflection of public interest?
    While I don't have a real answer for that, I can definitely see this as a good coverup. But more importantly, like freeeeeky said, its kind of disturbing how blind and frivolous most humans are in these circumstances, how we can be outraged by one thing, and overnight no longer give a damn and be too lazy to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    While I don't have a real answer for that, I can definitely see this as a good coverup. But more importantly, like freeeeeky said, its kind of disturbing how blind and frivolous most humans are in these circumstances, how we can be outraged by one thing, and overnight no longer give a damn and be too lazy to change it.
    I agree with that, I do think that people have been desensitised in a most curious way, so you get over reactions and total loss of control, which a lot of people see as normal, then its forgotten about a few days later when the next sensation comes along.

I was wondering about the wider impact of all this after hearing on the radio an actual statement from Obama speaking about the "pain" surrounding this judgement for the "African-American community", I wondered at it because I'm not sure there is a "Causasian community" and I wonder about the sort of circumstances in which it would be identified and feel "pain" at a judgement, I had hoped that things may have changed from the time of the OJ Simpson trial, the verdict and response to which has been satirised and sensationalised enough.

The US seems still to be a very racially divided society but I wonder are some of the people tackling the legacies of historic devisions and conflicts not keeping "ancient antagonism" alive too.