First 45678 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    We have a system that favors the defendants, and it obviously works.
    Which is good, because OJ was innocent and was just framed by racist cops. I'm glad the system worked in his favor, as well. I don't think the police would have investigated the situation at all if he hadn't been black. It's a pretty clear cut case of the police harrassing a guy just because he's successful and black.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Florida is the Most Corrupt State in the Nation

I mean we should have known after that whole voting thing that all we could expect from there on out was some sad and ridiculous parody of a justice system.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Which is good, because OJ was innocent and was just framed by racist cops. I'm glad the system worked in his favor, as well. I don't think the police would have investigated the situation at all if he hadn't been black. It's a pretty clear cut case of the police harrassing a guy just because he's successful and black.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../blacksoj.html
    It's not as bad today. I think a lot of people today, now that they look back on it, think he had something to do with it. And many people even admit, "Yeah, I think he's guilty." But they still like the verdict, and many of them will not admit that publicly. There are a lot of black people in this town that have told me privately, "You know, I agree with you. I think he did it, but I'll never tell anybody that." Because there's this kind of like racial code or something, this camaraderie, there's a line: If you cross that line, somehow you're not in sync with the thought process in the black community. You're not loyal, or you're a sellout. …
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Florida is the Most Corrupt State in the Nation

I mean we should have known after that whole voting thing that all we could expect from there on out was some sad and ridiculous parody of a justice system.
    Does this mean the Florida court system is wrong every time?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../blacksoj.html
    It's not as bad today. I think a lot of people today, now that they look back on it, think he had something to do with it. And many people even admit, "Yeah, I think he's guilty." But they still like the verdict, and many of them will not admit that publicly. There are a lot of black people in this town that have told me privately, "You know, I agree with you. I think he did it, but I'll never tell anybody that." Because there's this kind of like racial code or something, this camaraderie, there's a line: If you cross that line, somehow you're not in sync with the thought process in the black community. You're not loyal, or you're a sellout. …
    Honestly, I suspect a lot of the people that think OJ is guilty are such racists that they didn't even vote for Barack Obama in the last election cycle.

There. That's what you expect me to say.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Open carry.

Isn't that one of the reasons we have manslaughter? I've had misunderstandings, and yet somehow, no one is died when I have been involved. It's my understanding that yes, poor judgement is a crime, or else we would not have vehicular manslaughter.
    Zimmerman's weapon was concealed, not open.

Vehicular manslaughter charges involve direct harm to the victim, not the instigation of a tragic series of events based on mutual misunderstandings. The death of Martin was several degrees removed from the initial decision to follow against the advice of the 911 operator.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm really sorry, I think you're a good sparring partner, but I think I'm weary of this topic by now. I'm starting to feel like I'm repeating myself, and my Ne can't have that.

Visit my Johari:

Hmmm...let's see...we have a man here with a history of domestic violence (restraining orders at that), resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer, got fired from a job for being too aggressive with patrons as a bouncer, and has repeated committed sexual molestation.

Why does this man even own a gun? My ESFJ ex isn't allowed anywhere near a gun, legally (he's not supposed to even live in the same house with one) ...and he doesn't have anywhere that many charges against him in his past.

George Zimmerman should not have been acquitted. Or there should be conditions, like mandatory mental health services.

Leave him alone? Please. I'm pretty sure that you just do whatever you think is contrary Mal, and that you don't have a real position for anything.

Heh, if Marm had been on the jury it would have gone like this:

"Oh, yeah. Justice is served. Well not actual justice, but what I wanted to happen. Which is basically the same thing."
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Stansmith

I like how the media's conveniently painting George Zimmerman as a WASP for the purpose of some sort of twisted fairy tale narrative. I otherwise have no opinion on this issue.

It's not a racial matter.
    It's reported in our newspapers as a racial matter. And a racial matter that pertains to the United States.

It's bizarre that racial matters are seen in the United States as matters of law.

This is not how we see you.

It seems race matters are so painful and unresolved in the United States, Americans must resort to distraction and denial.