MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Man Knocked Out Cold For Using The "N" Word

http://gothamist.com/2013/07/13/man_...cist_n-wor.php

"This really belligerent white guy came walking up to them and started yelling out the n-word," Benny’s worker Robert Garcia told the Post. "There was some sort of altercation and it made the black guy punch the white guy in the face. He was out cold. I thought he was dead."

It MADE him punch the white guy?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The guy works for Goldman Sachs. I hope he's either dead or permanently disabled.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This isn't news to me. This shit happens everyday in Jacksonville, Florida where I live.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The guy works for Goldman Sachs. I hope he's either dead or permanently disabled.
    Because he works for Goldman Sachs? Really? I gotta laugh at that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This isn't news to me. This shit happens everyday in Jacksonville, Florida where I live.
    But do they say someone "made" them do it?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I'd be curious as to what sort of 'altercation' preceded. In any case, the guy who got punched sounds like an asshat that snapped after losing his job and went looking for trouble- and found it.

I can't link now (on phone) but an update says the guy tried to help him because he was drunk and stumbled into his sidewalk table. Not a bright move on anyone's part in the situation.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    But do they say someone "made" them do it?
    No, I missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    I'd be curious as to what sort of 'altercation' preceded. In any case, the guy who got punched sounds like an asshat that snapped after losing his job and went looking for trouble- and found it.

I can't link now (on phone) but an update says the guy tried to help him because he was drunk and stumbled into his sidewalk table. Not a bright move on anyone's part in the situation.
    In court legal teams will argue that most assaults are not really assaults but merely altercations not worthy of legal attention and redress and that the complainant is exaggerating what took place. Its an easy argument to make unless there's a lot of evidence to the contrary. Given that most people who're assaulted arent thinking about taking pictures, getting medicalled etc. etc. its something which actually does work in the favour of violent people some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://gothamist.com/2013/07/13/man_...cist_n-wor.php

"This really belligerent white guy came walking up to them and started yelling out the n-word," Benny’s worker Robert Garcia told the Post. "There was some sort of altercation and it made the black guy punch the white guy in the face. He was out cold. I thought he was dead."

It MADE him punch the white guy?
    While I dont have sympathy for anyone who suggests that they are justified in becoming violent with people because of that they simply say actions, including what people say, do have consequences and deserve a reprimand of some kind.

Kirkegaard said soemthing great once about people being interested in freedom of speech to cover up for the freedom of thought they had avoided or failed to engage in. That's true and the internet is ramping that kind of thing up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

He didn't make them do it, but that doesn't mean he wasn't asking for it. Both sides are wrong in this case. You can't just decide to beat the crap out of somebody, but you can't verbally assault somebody and expect there not to be consequences, either.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window