User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Two white teens were shot in Jacksonville last night at a golden corral for having a "Justice was served for Zimmerman" sticker on the back of their truck.

Both teens are dead. They were friends of the daughter of an agent in my office.

MBTI
    XXFP

I don't really get why how Zimmerman had a handgun really plays into making it seem like he was following Martin to shoot him.

It's not like he pulled his gun and was waving it in Martin's face like he was about to assault or shoot him. If he was...Martin would have ran away, surrendered, or if he was incredibly cocky, charged at Zimmerman and pop pop pop Zimmerman would have dropped him at range. Even if his gun was concealed but Zimmerman still intended to assault Martin, you'd expect that he'd pull the weapon upon getting charged at, possibly not before getting knocked down, but still early on.

The evidence seems to demonstrate that he wasn't trying to grab for his weapon until later in the confrontation. Hence him screaming "help help help" while he was getting beat down for ~40 seconds instead of pulling for his gun. It doesn't really make sense to me that someone who was just trying to pull his gun would be screaming for help - you'd be focused on getting the gun. I suppose there are alternative explanations I could drum up, but in any case simply being better armed isn't much of an indictment in my opinion.

The whole idea behind carrying is that you carry a weapon on you, all the time, just in case. Nothing to suggest that Zimmerman didn't regularly carry his weapon on his person in any case.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Two white teens were shot in Jacksonville last night at a golden corral for having a "Justice was served for Zimmerman" sticker on the back of their truck.

Both teens are dead. They were friends of the daughter of an agent in my office.
    Sad, isn't it?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Sad, isn't it?
    I have a distinct feeling you don't think so.

MBTI
    XXFP

I don't necessarily disbelieve you @DiscoBiscuit, but none of the stories on that shooting mention the bumper sticker or that the victims were white...one story suggested that the people in the cars knew each other.

Do you know something we don't?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have a distinct feeling you don't think so.
    Wow. You give me far too little credit if you think I'd be okay with teenagers being murdered for expressing an opinion (if that is what happened). I don't think that's any more just than being hunted down for wearing a hoodie while walking at night.

I do, however, think it is somewhat in bad taste to display your oblivious, selective sympathies so blatantly.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    XXFP

I haven't been really looking for it, but it sounds like most reactions have been peaceful. Certainly not a Rodney King sort of reaction. (not to suggest that there hasn't been or won't be violent sentiment). That's good. I think that Martin family and legal team realized they could be a powerful influence in this by calling for peace no matter the verdict. I think that's commendable.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Wow. You give me far too little credit if you think I'd be okay with teenagers being murdered for expressing an opinion (if that is what happened). I don't think that's any more just than being hunted down for wearing a hoodie while walking at night.

I do, however, think it is somewhat in bad taste to display your oblivious, selective sympathies so blatantly.
    Did I ever say that the killing of TM wasn't sad or wasn't a tragedy?

No I did not.

I think it's in bad taste to display such little knowledge of the law, yet make grant pronouncements about what should have happened in the courtroom.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Did I ever say that the killing of TM wasn't sad or wasn't a tragedy?

No I did not.

I think it's in bad taste to display such little knowledge of the law, yet make grant pronouncements about what should have happened in the courtroom.
    Are you a lawyer?