User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    The main point is that the facts available couldn't sufficiently establish who attacked who first, therefore Zimmerman couldn't be proven without reasonable doubt that he committed murder/manslaughter. It's possible that he was defending himself, from a legal standpoint. Like I said, proving absolute guilt is all that matters in the end. The absence of concrete evidence to back up who started the physical altercation one way or the other - & precisely what led up to that gunshot- creates reasonable doubt, regarding his guilt. Conjecture & assumptions aren't enough to declare someone guilty, no matter how convincing.
    I would agree if the stalking and the killing were in the sphere of conjecture.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    YOU STILL DIDN'T OWN UP TO TAKING MY UNICORN ORNAMENT YOU LOUSY PERP.
    You still didn't demonstrate any knowledge of vigilante justice in action.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    The main point is that the facts available couldn't sufficiently establish who attacked who first, therefore Zimmerman couldn't be proven without reasonable doubt that he committed murder/manslaughter. It's possible that he was defending himself, from a legal standpoint. Like I said, proving absolute guilt is all that matters in the end. The absence of concrete evidence to back up who started the physical altercation one way or the other - & precisely what led up to that gunshot- creates reasonable doubt, regarding his guilt. Conjecture & assumptions aren't enough to declare someone guilty, no matter how convincing.
    And thus, the door opens for real-life trolls to provoke people to attack them, then shoot 'em dead. It's a second amendment fanatic's dream! The wild west is back...in Florida!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    So, at this point the only things we know for sure is that 1) Martin was winning the fight; 2) Zimmerman shot him dead.
    "Your honor, I had no way of knowing he was a Tae Kwon Do master when I picked that fight, I had no choice but to shoot him"
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I will say that there actually isn't clear evidence that Zimmerman followed Martin after being told not to; he claims he didn't.
    Wait, you're not suggesting that his claims that he didn't is something worth considering? Did they meet up through Disney Magic? It is Florida, a place where miracles happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You still didn't demonstrate any knowledge of vigilante justice in action.
    THAT's BECUASE YOU HAVE YOUR UNICORN HORN IN YOUR BACKPACK AND WON'T OWN UP TO BEING A THIEF. watch out i have bulk those scientist who said fat isn't as strong as muscle are liars.

And, I officially tire of my Zimmerman impression.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Wait, you're not suggesting that his claims that he didn't is something worth considering? Did they meet up through Disney Magic? It is Florida, a place where miracles happen.
    There isn't even clear evidence that Zimmerman actually exists. He could have just been a figment of our imaginations, so the charges should have been dropped before the trial.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    There isn't even clear evidence that Zimmerman actually exists. He could have just been a figment of our imaginations, so the charges should have been dropped before the trial.
    Trayvon Martin died as a result of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Dispatcher: Are you following him?
    Zimmerman: Yeah.
    Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
    again, with feeling

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Trayvon Martin died as a result of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
    We can't be sure there ever was a Trayvon Martin.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I would agree if the stalking and the killing were in the sphere of conjecture.
    From a legal standpoint he wasn't stalking Martin. He still shouldn't have followed him, but he was not breaking the law by doing so. Stalking is actually a really tough crime to actually charge someone with, because it's something established over a long period of time, not in one incident. What he did was stupid, but not illegal.

And again, killing him wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt with concrete evidence that he wasn't in mortal fear for his life the moment he pulled the trigger. Killing someone when you are in mortal fear for your life is absolutely legal. Bear in mind that those charged with crimes (though arrested/incarcerated until/through the trial) are- on paper- innocent until PROVEN guilty in court. They could not prove that guilt, in the end. They could not prove that he wasn't defending himself. Sure it feels wrong, but ultimately that is how the present system operates.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.