User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm imagining this thread's local George Zimmerman defense team at the Nuremberg trials. It would be something to see.
    Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    You should possibly reconsider the whole "reasonable person" thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Well, I think that your fights at school make you more likely to engage in fights rather than flee.
    That my friend, is psuedoscientifc horseshit on pare with PUA evolutionary psychology. And thanks for telling me I deserve to get shot.

I didn't get into fights
    I had to defend myself, but in school, if you hit back, that counts as a "fight" and is grounds for suspension.

I'm saddened by the death of Trayvon Martin, but I don't want to sentence a man to prison who might have been defending himself.
    That story makes no sense. I suppose crazy marijuana made martin act crazy, which is why hippies are such spooky agressive people. Not buying it.

All other speculation aside, it is clear that Martin was winning the fight (he had no other major wounds than the gunshot would, and Zimmerman was bloodied), and as I said before, if some guy were beating me up in that way I would have shot him as well. /shrug
    THat's why you don't go around seeking out exciting conflict situations and probably starting fights.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It is beyond reasonable doubt that Martin was shot dead by Zimmerman. This is fact #1 in this case. How does this keep getting on the back burner?
    It isn't truly on the backburner- but that' how the system works, unfortunately. Prosecutors failed to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman's actions constituted murder/manslaughter, vs self defense. It doesn't mean he's innocent, either. Ultimately all that matters in a trial is the ability to establish the individual is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. This case is overblown by the media in terms of the verdict. This happens more often than you probably would like to think about. Evidence is lost, mishandled, sometimes nonexistent or otherwise limited- and rapists, pedophiles, murderers, and idiots who make terrible choices aren't proven guilty, and never face consequences for their role in some tragic incident. And that's the reality of it.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That my friend, is psuedoscientifc horseshit. And thanks for telling me I deserve to get shot.

I had to defend myself, but in school, if you hit back, that counts as a "fight" and is grounds for suspension.

That story makes no sense. I suppose crazy marijuana made martin act crazy, which is why hippies are such spooky agressive people. Not buying it.

THat's why you don't go around seeking out exciting conflict situations and probably starting fights.

C'mon, I didn't say you deserve to get shot. And I didn't know that your fights were in self defense; of course that is very different. I'm sorry. Martin engaged in fights as an aggressor. Do you really think that concluding that a person who engages in fights as an aggressor is more apt to fight than flee (when compared to a person who doesn't fight) is pseudoscientific horseshit?

I will say again, we don't know for sure who started the fight. It's all speculation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

GODAMNIT WHERE"S THE PERP WHO STOLE MY UNICORN HOOD ORNAMENT GODAMN THUGS. FUCKING GOD DAMN THUGS ALWAYS GET AWAY/
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    It isn't truly on the backburner- but that' how the system works, unfortunately. Prosecutors failed to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman's actions constituted murder/manslaughter, vs self defense. It doesn't mean he's innocent, either. Ultimately all that matters in a trial is the ability to establish the individual is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. This case is overblown by the media in terms of the verdict. This happens more often than you probably would like to think about. Evidence is lost, mishandled, sometimes nonexistent or otherwise limited- and rapists, pedophiles, murderers, and idiots who make terrible choices aren't proven guilty. And that's the reality of it.
    Sometimes evidence is stolen.

About 30 years ago, my brother-in-law five-fingered his blood samples taken after a dui as he walked out of the courtroom.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

That isn't the issue. The issue is whether a reasonable person would have done the same in the situation, and if Zimmerman initiated the violence. Since I consider myself a reasonable person, and since I would shoot someone if he were beating me up and I had a gun, I conclude that the first condition is met. As to the second, it's up to a jury to decide whether the state provided sufficient evidence to conclude, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman initiated the fight.
    A reasonable person wouldn't be following people in the dark in the first place. So that's negates your reasoning.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Lateralus, I actually hadn't heard about the pedophile thing but I just looked it up. I wonder why that hasn't gotten more attention? It's not really relevant to this case, I guess, but since when does that stop the media?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

C'mon, I didn't say you deserve to get shot. And I didn't know that your fights were in self defense; of course that is very different. I'm sorry. Martin engaged in fights as an aggressor.
    Where is the proof that he fought with Zimmerman as an agressor? And what the hell is known about Martin's fights. I'd like to see the links about the details of them.

Who is more likely to start a fight, someone high on pot, or someone trying to track down those criminal scum perps that are always stealing shit?

obviously it's the guy on pot.

Do you really think that concluding that a person who engages in fights as an aggressor is more apt to fight than flee (when compared to a person who doesn't fight) is pseudoscientific horseshit?
    Yes, because it's based on some stupid idea that it becomes "hardwired" in, rather then the idea that people handle different situations differently, which they do. It really does remind me of PUa evolutionary psychology.

I will say again, we don't know for sure who started the fight. It's all speculation.
    Yes, but you assume it's Martin based on fucking school suspensions. What are you, a hall monitor?

Visit my Johari:

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Lateralus, I actually hadn't heard about the pedophile thing but I just looked it up. I wonder why that hasn't gotten more attention? It's not really relevant to this case, I guess, but since when does that stop the media?
    No less relevant than every single detail that's been chucked around about Martin.
    Go to sleep, iguana.