User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    lol'd

MBTI
    FREE

As far as I can tell, the jury reached the same verdict that I would have if in their place. I'm not a fan of guns, and had George Zimmerman not had a gun with him Trayvon Martin would certainly not have died that night. That said, right or wrong, I hold the following key perceptions of that night and those two men:

Trayvon Martin: a young man with a history of violence.

George Zimmeman: a busy-body with a strong need to be a part of the policing force of society.

1. Martin enters the complex.

2. Zimmerman spots Martin and is suspicious, given that neither Martin nor his father live in that complex and he hadn't seen him before (it was his Father's Girlfriend's place), and because there was a string of robberies committed by other young African American males.

3. Zimmerman either approaches Martin or Martin is aware of Zimmerman following him or... either way, Martin is on Zimmerman's radar, and Zimmerman is on Martin's radar.

4. Martin views Zimmerman as a threat (fight or flight), and due to his history of violence, chooses to fight instead of flee.

5. Martin starts beating the shit out of Zimmerman.

6. Zimmerman kills Martin.

My belief that Zimmerman should have been acquitted rests on one key concept: I would have done the same thing were I in his situation. No, I wouldn't have followed a strange "suspicious" looking kid in my neighborhood, but that isn't illegal. No, I wouldn't have carried a gun on me, but that isn't illegal. However, if I was somehow on some guy's radar (either because I followed him or whatever) and if I had a gun on me and if that guy started beating me up, I would have pulled out my gun and shot him. That's it.

Now, this opinion rests on my belief that Martin initiated the violence. I believe this because of the history of the two men; it just seems reasonable to me. If it was in fact Zimmerman who started beating up on Martin, then I would find him guilty of second-degree murder. However, I can't know that for sure, and I have a very strong, reasonable doubt that he did so.

*Note, my 6 notes on the events that transpired that night are hardly complete, and make no mention of whether the men lost sight of each other for at time, whether Zimmerman went back to his car, whether Martin hid his pot, whether Zimmerman jogged after him. These things don't seem particularly relevant in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post

Ummm, no. More like this (sorry for the shitty picture of a young white guy flashing gang signs and looking angry, it's very hard to find one on google images):

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Now, this opinion rests on my belief that Martin initiated the violence. I believe this because of the history of the two men; it just seems reasonable to me. If it was in fact Zimmerman who started beating up on Martin, then I would find him guilty of second-degree murder.
    See, that's interesting, because I kind of believe that's what happened. It seems more likely to me that Zimmerman started beating up on Martin. He's a dude with a strong need to assert authority, and probably hates being challenged. Martin might have smoked pot, though, which is bad when it's not white college students doing it.

And what the hell is Martin's "history of violence?" Please don't tell me it's getting in fights at school.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That's weird. Why? Do you have something to hide? I've watched a lot of law and order episodes, and people who ask for examples usually have something to hide. They got that funny guilty phrenologiy, too.
    Yes, I do indeed have the appropriate phrenology. Can you humor me on my question any way?

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    It's suspicious that you're asking me to bring up a relevant example and I can't bring up the relevant example this thread is about. Classic paranoic avoidant behavior. I'm going to just follow you a little bit with my assault rifile, but don't worry , I don't have hostile intent, I just think you're probably criminal scum because you're a creepy weirdo . I don't know what the hell you're avatar's about, you gotta be on drugs.
    Not the illegal kind, but the person I stole the picture in my avatar from is on drugs. Apparently you've never seen the hilarious comedy movie Blazing Saddles.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Thought I'd share this. I normally don't get into these types of discussions (I prefer viewing other people's conversations on these matters), but I thought I might as well share this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Ummm, no. More like this:

As far as I'm concerned, unstable men who carry guns and follow around unarmed people deserve the title of thug.

In the negative sense, not the Tupac one.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, I do indeed have the appropriate phrenology. Can you humor me on my question any way?
    I don't need to take hostile behavior from a goddamn thug like you. You need to stop being aggressive, I'm just trying to ask YOU a question. I have bulk, don't think I can't knock your puny head of it's stand.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ummm, no. More like this (sorry for the shitty picture of a young white guy flashing gang signs and looking angry, it's very hard to find one on google images):

What exactly is the point? People with backwards baseball caps doing stupid hand gestures receive an automatic -10 points against people in suits in the court of law?
    Go to sleep, iguana.