User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Incorrect. You wouldn't believe the number of white females running around with Hispanic last names, especially in the area I live in.
    How do you know they're white?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How do you know they're white?
    Mug shots.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Mug shots.
    In other words, you think they look white. But my point is, that won't help you. Their inmate file or probation file will probably have a big fat H for Hispanic on it. And all the women who look as black as Wesley Snipes with Hispanic names will also have a big fat H.

Or do you work in the justice department and have had a different experience from mine?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

In other words, you think they look white.
    In other words, I KNOW they look white.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

In other words, I KNOW they look white.
    Doesn't matter, the government says their Hispanic.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Doesn't matter, the government says their Hispanic.
    Whose government says that anybody with a Hispanic name is Hispanic?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I worked for the census in 2009 and 2010. Hispanic isn't even a "race" according to the census- people answer their race, and then yes/no to "of Hispanic origin." People who appear completely white or completely black (actually are completely white or black) can be Hispanic. You won't always know by looking at them, lol.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Whose government says that anybody with a Hispanic name is Hispanic?
    In my experience, Pennsylvania's. I wouldn't be surprised if NY is the same. Like I said, the racial classification doesn't tell you shit about what the person is going to look like. Even when it says black or white, sometimes you're surprised. And then there's Asian, Native, and "Other". Real helpful. Hispanics sometimes look totally like Chinese or Vietnamese people, too. Again, the last name is Hernandez or something, they're Hispanic. It's uncanny. But the problem is because these outdated phenotypical concepts like black and white are just not analogous with a ethnic/cultural term like Hispanic, but our files lump them all into one code.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I worked for the census in 2009 and 2010. Hispanic isn't even a "race" according to the census- people answer their race, and then yes/no to "of Hispanic origin." People who appear completely white or completely black (actually are completely white or black) can be Hispanic. You won't always know by looking at them, lol.
    Yes, I noticed the census is a little more reasonable. The BPP and DOC are not so up to speed. An individual is still Hispanic as opposed to white or black.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm not talking to you anymore.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

No, the likely reason is that Z is being demonized for a white-on-black crime. But who threw the first punch?
    I mostly care about the white on black angle as an explanation for why Zimmerman acted the way he did. I don't think that the crime is somehow worse than it would be if everyone was the same race.

Do we (Zimmerman included) have the right to defend our health and well-being against aggressors?
    Yes, but if you start a fight (as I believe Zimmerman did, although there is no conclusive evidence) and it turns out you suck at fighting, so you have to shoot the other person... I'm not sure what the hell that is, but I wouldn't call that self defense. I don't know what kind of Disney Magic Florida calls self defense, but in the anthropomorphic whale republic, that certainly is not.

Of course Z is responsible for Trayvon's death. He killed the "poor little boy who was innocently walking back to his gf's house with an Arizona ice tea and a bag of Skittles."
    It wouldn't matter if he had the crown jewels of England in his backpack. It is not up to citizens to determine innocence or guilt through vigilante justice.

What you're asking about is the degree of legal liability involved in Trayvon's demise. That depends on the laws of the jurisdiction the incident occurred in, not on your hopes, wishes, and dreams about the case.
    Possibly, but I am not a member of the jury or involved with the case in any way. I cannot possibly affect the outcome of the trial. I do not need to provide testimony or make arguments that won't get thrown out, so the only thing that matters, given my lack of involvement, is my personal opinion on the matter.

I believe it is possible for the laws of the state of Florida to be fucking retarded, so I would prefer to not involve them in my academic consideration of this case, as they appear to make no sense. If your legal intepretation of said laws is correct, they suggest that the state of Florida does not believe trials are necessary at all.

Apparently, there is nothing wrong with any Joe Jackass pursuing a "perp" and questioning him. I do not know if the state of Florida considers confessions obtained by Joe Jackass to be admissible, but it nevertheless seems to imply to me that the state of Florida believes frontier justice and trial justice are valid paths to the same end, much as some people want alternative medicine and evidence-base medicine to be treated as equivalent by insurers.

Since apparently, innocence or guilt can be determined without the use of the traditional legal process at all, taking into account the laws of the State of Florida, would make me wonder why we are even having a trial at all. It's simply too stupid. My brain can't handle it.

I just hope Florida brings back trial by battle soon. Let God decide!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78