Enneagram

Regarding birth rate ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Is Germany more efficient than the USA like those statistics seem to indicate? What is Germany doing right? What is the USA doing wrong?
    I cannot comment on Germany, but German is more efficient, certainly than English.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

For all points for and against Germany, try to remember that neither expediency nor productivity is synonymous with efficiency.

I remember someone once trying to tell me that these days industrial, big aggro farms are highly efficient. I tried explaining that they are insanely inefficient, but they are productive and expedient, and that's why the pressures of modern societies, larger populations being of particular note, have favor such businesses. And even in that environment, these farms are less efficient than they can really make excuses for. Sometimes a method that puts less in compared to what it sends out has something of a maximum output, where it can make only so much at an interval, and wind intervals only so tight. In those cases, there are tempting reasons to go for something much less efficient.

Just think of that when comparing national economies.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm with Riva. Homogeneity has its perks when it comes to this aspect.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

It’s working between business/unions/government is better then the United States. And as a battlefield for Napoleons army, they work together as a cooperative better. When wide-open production is required the United States could outperform them (tank-to-tank or other areas), not conceding that there quality standards are better. For a small county they have shown how a good county is able to take care of their population (based on a past view, 1970s to early 2000s). Even those in the East did better then many people I observe in the United States, a cousin of mine having a home outside of Berlin and a retirement that a good 80% of Americans will never have a possibility at achieving (but they have a social structure I find distasteful). So it depends on the circumstances as to how much more efficient they are to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I cannot comment on Germany, but German is more efficient, certainly than English.
    I've been told, and I don't know if it is true, but I've been told, German finishes sentences with a verb.

If this is true, Germans must plan ahead before they speak. And perhaps this becomes a habit of mind where Germans plan ahead for everything and leave no room for spontaneity or humour.

Now I don't want any Germans, not even you, telling me this is right or wrong because I want to have my fantasy of Germans, I want my fantasy German.

In fact I fantasise I would like to be German. But I want to be a good German and finish all my sentences with a verb.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Regardless of whether they're more efficient or not, Americans work too damn hard. From what I understand, they don't have a minimum requirement for paid annual leave (not even statutory holidays!) and it seems perfectly commonplace to work extreme hours.

I don't know how people live like that; they must be going out of their minds. Besides the fact it's just plain exploitative for employers to treat their employees like slaves.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I've been told, and I don't know if it is true, but I've been told, German finishes sentences with a verb.

If this is true, Germans must plan ahead before they speak. And perhaps this becomes a habit of mind where Germans plan ahead for everything and leave no room for spontaneity or humour.

Now I don't want any Germans, not even you, telling me this is right or wrong because I want to have my fantasy of Germans, I want my fantasy German.

In fact I fantasise I would like to be German. But I want to be a good German and finish all my sentences with a verb.
    Well, I am not a German, and I will reassure you that there is nothing wrong with fantasies, as long as you recognize them for what they are and do not confuse them with reality.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Well, I am not a German, and I will reassure you that there is nothing wrong with fantasies, as long as you recognize them for what they are and do not confuse them with reality.
    Ah, my dear Coriolis, every young poet wants to believe his own poetry, particularly his love poetry. And every American wants his American Dream to come true. Even every Catholic wants to believe that Transubstantion gives him union with God.

Will you give me a little leeway, cut me a little slack, and allow me to turn fantasy into reality?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It probably has a lot to do with economic principles, transparency and proper education etc all of which Germany along with a few other nations such as Japan, Singapore (who are also economic powers universally stereotyped as efficient) have in very good condition.

Another point I would like to make (before someone else does) is Germany is a fairy homogeneous society.
    Is it really? In most major cities there is a large immigrant population, and the second generation is often not that well integrated (of course, they speak german, but they often spend time among each other). Anyway, sure it's likely more homogeneous than the USA.

If this is true, Germans must plan ahead before they speak.
    No, it just becomes natural to place the verb at the end (when it's required).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp