User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 154

  1. #61
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Vladimir Putin looks just like Roose Bolton? Are people really claiming that Roose Bolton is a good guy after what just happened?

    I can't believe that people are siding with countries that hate freedom over countries that value freedom.

    If you like Russia so much, why don't you move there with the rest of the terrorists? Terrorists LOVE russia, and always have. For some reason, people don't take me seriously when I use Rocky V as a guide for how I feel about this situation. Rambo III is another excellent movie where Stallone fights Russians, and is also a useful guide for geopolitics.
    If you're being sarcastic in my general direction, you're barking up the wrong tree, son. I'm pretty sure I love Russia more than you do.

    That doesn't stop me from being stunningly realistic about the state of affairs.

  2. #62
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    After this post, I'm done crapping in the thread for the night.


    This clip shows how we shouldn't let logic get in the way with politics. People that use logic with politics and international affairs are like that guy with the weird forehead who doesn't want Rambo to go in to rescue his friend because of creating an international incident. Just help the Mujihadeen fellas out because it's the right thing to do!



    Snowden is like the weird-headed guy in the video. Why, he probably can't even wipe out an entire soviet army by himself. He doesn't even have glycerine all over him to show how much of a workout he's getting. Sometimes, we just have to do what's right, and thinking about it too much allows evil to triumph. The U.S. government is doing the right thing because we have the word liberty on our coins. Liberty is an awesome word. Russian money, meanwhile, has the word tyranny on it, which is not an awesome word.
    I'm the biggest reader of RT on the forum I assure you, and have very dear friends who actually are FROM Russia (including one who currently lives there)...I know about how crucial the Soviets were to the defeat of Hitler and Germany in the second world war.

    In fact, if you'll read my posts on the forum (says you've been here since 2008) it's virtually littered here with my worship and praise of Russian culture and defense of Soviet mathematicians.

    So to me you just look like a troll oversimplifying an argument, ironically the thing you appear to be accusing me of.

    See I on the other hand can love a place and its people and know that it's government is up to no good at the present moment.

    Putin may have been a pretty hot old dude there for a while, but he's made of pure evil.

    Son, I am very disappoint. I really thought you were brighter than this.

  3. #63
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Wow, Americans, you need to get out more.
    When was the last time you were actually in the U.S.?

  4. #64
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    You know what, American? Your country's sovereignty doesn't extend this far out into the world. Loving America is going to be a wholly inadequate answer to the issues raised by your government's actions. This would be true even if your country weren't screwing over everyone who wasn't 51% probability American. But in this case, since the question is not purely American, any purely American opinion is automatically inadequate. Or, to put it another way, you need to get out more. The 50s have been over for a few years at least.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  5. #65
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    @Marmotini Ever heard of "Don't shoot the messenger"?


    @Kalach I'm well aware of that. But your grievances are secondary to the primary nature of them calling every American an enemy of the United States of America.

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    @Marmotini Ever heard of "Don't shoot the messenger"?


    @Kalach I'm well aware of that. But your grievances are secondary to the primary nature of them calling every American an enemy of the United States of America.
    He didn't say anything important as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even surprised by this information.

  7. #67
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You know what, American? Your country's sovereignty doesn't extend this far out into the world. Loving America is going to be a wholly inadequate answer to the issues raised by your government's actions. This would be true even if your country weren't screwing over everyone who wasn't 51% probability American. But in this case, since the question is not purely American, any purely American opinion is automatically inadequate. Or, to put it another way, you need to get out more. The 50s have been over for a few years at least.
    Ho hum. Your argument is so weak and infantile that I can barely even muster the proper level of annoyance to even bother to respond.

    I'm actually fairly liberal (some people consider me radically liberal) and a citizen of the world. I just have more practical concerns than yourself apparently.

    This has nothing to do with the 50s, and it's not like all non-Americans (like you and the other Europeans - or Asians - whining in the thread) are automatically suspects.

    You guys make it sound so dramatic, but you'd have to be an extremely suspicious character to warrant any kind of attention, primarily terrorism or activity linked to potentially hostile countries, especially the government of those countries, not necessarily private citizens unless they are interested in international terrorism.

    Also, any citizen tracked by this system, well it would have to go through an entire legal court procedure. They can't just come and capture you like the KGB.

    My friend told me what it's like to live in Russia. Currently. As a young person. Not as someone from the former USSR...and I can assure you that their government is still much more authoritarian and invasive.

    The irony I see here is that China is known for their invasions of privacy and domineering laws, and Russia takes a very hard stance against terrorists...including recently warning American about the Boston bombers, and they did not heed Russia's warning to our peril.

    Putin is just pissed they're watching him blah blah blah.

  8. #68
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You know what, American? Your country's sovereignty doesn't extend this far out into the world. Loving America is going to be a wholly inadequate answer to the issues raised by your government's actions. This would be true even if your country weren't screwing over everyone who wasn't 51% probability American. But in this case, since the question is not purely American, any purely American opinion is automatically inadequate. Or, to put it another way, you need to get out more. The 50s have been over for a few years at least.
    Ho hum. Your argument is so weak and infantile that I can barely even muster the proper level of annoyance to even bother to respond.

    I'm actually fairly liberal (some people consider me radically liberal) and a citizen of the world. I just have more practical concerns than yourself apparently.

    This has nothing to do with the 50s, and it's not like all non-Americans (like you and the other Europeans - or Asians - whining in the thread) are automatically suspects.

    You guys make it sound so dramatic, but you'd have to be an extremely suspicious character to warrant any kind of attention, primarily terrorism or activity linked to potentially hostile countries, especially the government of those countries, not necessarily private citizens unless they are interested in international terrorism.

    Also, any citizen tracked by this system, well it would have to go through an entire legal court procedure. They can't just come and capture you like the KGB.

    My friend told me what it's like to live in Russia. Currently. As a young person. Not as someone from the former USSR...and I can assure you that their government is still much more authoritarian and invasive.

    The irony I see here is that China is known for their invasions of privacy and domineering laws, and Russia takes a very hard stance against terrorists...including recently warning American about the Boston bombers, and they did not heed Russia's warning to our peril.

    Putin is just pissed they're watching him blah blah blah.

  9. #69
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    So sick of the American government right now.
    Are you also sick of Google, Facebook and Amazon.com?

  10. #70
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    It's one thing to say that America is freer than China and Russia. It's another thing to say individual Americans do nothing worthy of condemnation. And if those things are being done by the American government, shouldn't the people of America know about it? Even if the perpetrators would prefer they didn't? Isn't that the basis of a healthy democracy -- an informed citizenship? If people don't know the issues at stake, how can they choose the direction they want the country run? If the people aren't aware of the consequences of their choices, shouldn't the people know that? If their choices make no difference in how the country is run shouldn't they know that too? What value does a vote have if it's made by someone who doesn't actually know what they're voting for, and can't find out if they want to?

    And I think it's ridiculous to condemn him based on where he's seeking refuge. If he sought refuge in Australia and America asked us to turn him over he would certainly be turned over with minimal fuss. Why? Because right and wrong in one tiny case are vastly outweighed by the benefit Australia derives from their close relationship with America. His crime could be giving too much to charity and he'd still be turned over. Russia and China meanwhile enjoy no such benefit and may well enjoy the embarrassment Snowden has caused America. So even though they might be protecting him for the wrong reasons, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve protection. It also doesn't mean he prefers Russian or Chinese values over American values. It means nothing more than that he's safer there.

Similar Threads

  1. so... we're going to get a cat. Opinions needed please!
    By miss fortune in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:47 AM
  2. You're Going To Die!
    By wolfy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
  3. We're going to let old people die
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 10:37 AM
  4. You're Going To Die!
    By Ginkgo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO