User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

In America, we value freedom. In Russia, they shoot you if you look funny. Not in America, where George Washington personally outlawed injustice in 1776. In Australia, you can buy soda pop in whatever size you want, just like in America. Why didn't Snowden go to Australia? Instead he went to Russia where people ridicule you for not holding the party line.

I don't get why he wouldn't stay in America, where you're always permitted an option of TWO opinions. Think of the smorgasbord of ideas and possibilities that suggests! When you have two options, there's nothing you can't do! You can either pick an opinion, or the anti-opinion. Keep in mind though, that if you select in an opinion, you have to select opinions in the future, and if you select an anti-opinions, you have to select anti-opinions in the future. Freedom is also easily intelligible and concerns itself with ideas that are easily digested. Notice in Germany, before world war ii, they had a lot of scientists who talked about stuff people couldn't understand, which shows how the society wasn't free and led to the unfreedom of Nazism.

I mean, in Russia, when they have boxing matches, they don't even train the good old fashioned way by carrying hunks of wood on their back! They load themselves up with steroids, which is something unheard of in American athletes, where we value freedom and honesty. They don't even use the same alphabet over there. They use an alphabet that looks like ours, but the letters are all flipped around or mean the wrong things.... I guess all the preschool teachers there must also be preschoolers themselves!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The UK would have probably handed him over, imo. France takes a lot of people in though, why not there? Russia wants to seem interested in doing the same, but I don't think they really are.

I remember reading an article as a teenager about the Russians loosening the tongues of KGB members that were double agents using drugs that made the talk and all kinds of mess. It's scary stuff. Nothing really is free.
    A lot of people born as the USSR was crumbling who watched it all happen on the world news as children (combined with all of the fictional movies etc) in the late 70s and 1980s have these sort of weird hang ups about Russia. How do I know? I am one of those children.

Of course they would have handed him in. He's done something that opposes democracy and freedom, not supports it. What kind of imbecile says he's exposing the gov't for "freedom" and "transparency" then goes to China, Russia, and appeals for asylum in bastions of the "free world" like Ecuador and Cuba?

I can't believe ANYONE thinks this is even a conversation. I marvel at the people who think anyone who had pure motives would feel a need to disclose how the U.S. spied on Vladimir Putin.

NO. This guy either had other more sinister, traitor motives...or he's positively a deluded moron.

Command and Control and Conversation

He is a sign of the times. As we move from a print based command and control culture to a RAM based conversational culture, there is sure to be friction.

Command and control are determined to maintain their control, while all the time conversation is undermining them.

Conversation loves transpareny and opennes, while command and control wants to control the information flow, indeed command and control want to control the conversation.

But the conversation wants to be free.

For instance, Typology Central is based on conversation. So with every post and reply, we are undermining the dominent paradigm of command and control.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I agree with the people who have assessed Snowden as a deluded narcissist who had some grand espinoge fantasy.

That's all I have to say on this matter. Unless he's a real spy (he's most likely not, but is now inadvertently so) he has "leaked" a totally legal program that all of Congress knew about, then proceeded to reveal things that were obviously of enemy interest; anyone who says this is about "real freedom" for him to enable countries clearly of direct opposition to the U.S. ...you know, in things like free speech....this guy used his free speech to run and enable places who would be quite happy to snatch it from him.

It doesn't add up.

You guys are too idealistic.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

If this PRISM thing is perfectly legal, then we have serious problems with our laws.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I agree with the people who have assessed Snowden as a deluded narcissist who had some grand espinoge fantasy.

That's all I have to say on this matter. Unless he's a real spy (he's most likely not, but is now inadvertently so) he has "leaked" a totally legal program that all of Congress knew about, then proceeded to reveal things that were obviously of enemy interest; anyone who says this is about "real freedom" for him to enable countries clearly of direct opposition to the U.S. ...you know, in things like free speech....this guy used his free speech to run and enable places who would be quite happy to snatch it from him.

It doesn't add up.

You guys are too idealistic.
    It's because he donated to Ron Paul, right?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    If this PRISM thing is perfectly legal, then we have serious problems with our laws.
    PRISM not only spies on Americans, it spies on the rest of us.

And Americans have the protection of their Constitution but the rest of us have no protection under the American Constitution.

Our only choice now is to conduct our conversation openly, transparently, in public, just like Typology Central.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

So sick of the American government right now.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    So sick of the American government right now.
    Typically the American government refuses to do the right thing until the very last moment. However they can be persuaded to do the right thing.

For instance, Australia was asked in 1999 by the United Nations to end the genocide in East Timor. This meant facing down the Indonesian Army of one million men, on their own territory.

We didn't even have troop ships to get our soldiers across the Timor Sea from Australia to East Timor, so we requisitioned civilian catamaranes to do the job. And naturally, under our ANZUS Treaty we asked our friend and ally, America, for a hand.

But guess what, our big friend and ally refused to help. So we had to shout at the Americans long and loud before they changed their mind, then the American Ambassador in Djakarta let the Indonesians know that America would be displeased if the Australians were slaughted.

This was all we needed, and Australians, completely unarmed, landed in East Timor and advanced up the beach to meet the Indonesian generals, who forbore to fire on unarmed men. And so East Timor was liberated.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Has anyone noticed that Vladimir Putin looks just like Roose Bolton? Are people really claiming that Roose Bolton is a good guy after what just happened?

I can't believe that people are siding with countries that hate freedom over countries that value freedom.

If you like Russia so much, why don't you move there with the rest of the terrorists? Terrorists LOVE russia, and always have. For some reason, people don't take me seriously when I use Rocky V as a guide for how I feel about this situation. Rambo III is another excellent movie where Stallone fights Russians, and is also a useful guide for geopolitics.

Visit my Johari: