User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    So aside from msg and me no one else really has a nice tight grip on facts like a man who claims to be doing this for freedom heads straight for China Russia and Cuba, not germany or England or hell why not Japan?

Are you all so busy masturbating over the childish idea of what he did that you dont see what he actually has done?

He has accomplished nothing useful that I can see.
    The axis of evil died in 1945. In Europe or Japan Snowden would have been sent back right to the US. None of those countries want to harm the United States, on the contrary they rather benefit from their surveillance technics.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah great lets empower countries even more dangerous than the u.s. with the same technology.

Herp derp derp.

It baffles me that people so publicly in defense of privacy dont comprehend the practical reasons for keeping secrets.

I think a lot of you here are either idealistically unrealistically libertarian, or you find this another amusing anecdote to take a dig at America for...I swear if you had a bit of sense youd wonder why snowden didn't head down under to hang out with mole.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The axis of evil died in 1945. In Europe or Japan Snowden would have been sent back right to the US. None of those countries want to harm the United States, on the contrary they rather benefit from their surveillance technics.
    Thank you for admitting you just blindly hate the u.s.

If you guys cared about freedom youd see the problem with this logic.

Those allies of the u.s. are defined by democracy and freedom.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yeah great lets empower countries even more dangerous than the u.s. with the same technology.

Herp derp derp.

It baffles me that people so publicly in defense of privacy dont comprehend the practical reasons for keeping secrets.

I think a lot of you here are either idealistically unrealistically libertarian, or you find this another amusing anecdote to take a dig at America for...I swear if you had a bit of sense youd wonder why snowden didn't head down under to hang out with mole.
    To be honest, I am not quite sure atm which the most dangerous countries are

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    To be honest, I am not quite sure atm which the most dangerous countries are
    China is definitely one of them.

You totally misunderstood my post about Germany and Japan...I wasn't talking about wwii and the axis. Im very educated in world history, thanks, I would not have thrown England into the mix.

My point is that right now England and Germany and Japan are freer countries.

It would only make sense when supposedly defending freedom youd go where citizens have the most rights, not to places more oppressed.

He did not do this for freedom. If he cant seek asylum in Australia or France, he did something very very wrong.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

China is definitely one of them.

You totally misunderstood my post about Germany and Japan...I wasn't talking about wwii and the axis. Im very educated in world history, thanks, I would not have thrown England into the mix.

My point is that right now England and Germany and Japan are freer countries.

It would only make sense when supposedly defending freedom youd go where citizens have the most rights, not to places more oppressed.

He did not do this for freedom. If he cant seek asylum in Australia or France, he did something very very wrong.
    You cant rule out the possibility that the Russians even paid him more money than the us government and that he did that for the money. Maybe they even blackmailed him somehow. One things the russians are good at, is upsetting other people; they do that in gangsterlike ways.

It doesnt matter tho, cause it only derivates your thoughts from what really matters. America has already the biggest military force this world has ever seen and now they even bring intelligence into the direction where all people become transparent and our private sphere and individual human rights could be lifted. This big picture thing is developing into a direction, I am afraid of; cause when I read the discussions about the PRISM project and the most only thing americans are concerned with is that the guy is a traitor or that it may be a russian conspiracy; you know thats somehow insane.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Of course he went to Russia. Where else would Peter Pan go? Yes I bet he was born circa 1980. He's living out some dumb fantasy and I assure you Russia will be very happy to take advantage of that.

He lives in la la land. This guy is not a hero.
    The UK would have probably handed him over, imo. France takes a lot of people in though, why not there? Russia wants to seem interested in doing the same, but I don't think they really are.

I remember reading an article as a teenager about the Russians loosening the tongues of KGB members that were double agents using drugs that made the talk and all kinds of mess. It's scary stuff. Nothing really is free.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

It's been a while since SEAL Team 6 has played a good game of hide and seek in a foreign country. They must be getting enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, Snowden is probably being waterboarded by Putin himself.

So aside from msg and me no one else really has a nice tight grip on facts like a man who claims to be doing this for freedom heads straight for China Russia and Cuba, not germany or England or hell why not Japan?
    I am fairly certain msg was being sarcastic.

MBTI
    INTJ

If he cared about freedom he'd go to countries that respect freedom? The places he goes are the places he affiliates with? That's too convenient a misrepresentation, and insanely naive.

If he cared about freedom, particularly his own, he'd go somewhere US government interests have less ability to operate. It's a dangerous brinksmanship, but how else does he survive? Your government runs black prisons, international rendition operations, and performs torture right in front of the public eye. This is your new normal, and its not good.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr