User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm sure Bloomberg Businessweek is very favorable towards environmentalism and universal health care, as well.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Hahaha Bloomberg BusinessWeek just ran an article called The Unbearable Narcissism of Edward Snowden. I totally called it, all the way down to him working for Russia.

I can't wait to see what Putin does to him later. It will be epic and stupidly unexpected by Snowden due to his arrogance.
    Yes, it does seem to me to be a political mistake for Edward Snowden to work for the Russians.

Under President Putin Russia is a fairly authoritarian State devoted to secrecy and control.

And it must have crossed President Putin's mind that if Snowden will blow the whistle on his own country, Snowden might blow the whistle on Putin's country.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    No. The U.S. does not engage in propaganda. Propaganda is against freedom
    The Government of the USA and top companies in the USA employed Edward Bernays to teach them the techniques of mass propaganda.

And Edward Bernays wrote the book called, "Propaganda".

Edward Bernays was one of the most important people in the USA in the 20th century, yet never mentioned in history class.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Government of the USA and top companies in the USA employed Edward Bernays to teach them the techniques of mass propaganda.

And Edward Bernays wrote the book called, "Propaganda".

Edward Bernays was one of the most important people in the USA in the 20th century, yet never mentioned in history class.
    I just learned about him recently, actually. Interesting. And it's interesting that the word used to be used openly, too, as opposed to all the euphemisms for it that are tossed around today. The word "propaganda" itself fell out of favor because of the Nazis, but I the concept ever went away.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm sure Bloomberg Businessweek is very favorable towards environmentalism and universal health care, as well.
    Do you not see what is wrong with what he has done? See the problem with you Si Fe users is that I guess you think a person has to have a uniform team of ethics??? I can't be an environmentalist and still point out....

1) the staggering stupidity of Snowden choosing Russia, that is unless he is just a traitor and a spy, but I don't think he's spy, but there is no other explanation for his fucking idiocy,for the reasons Mole said

2) Edward Snowden is a self glorifying narcissist who does not want to take the blame for what he has done, better men who committed civil disobedience who were not just narcissistic opportunists took their punishment as part of the martyrdom for the cause. He has made no attempt to take his punishment in any form.

Snowden is like a big stupid child.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Do you not see what is wrong with what he has done? See the problem with you Si Fe users is that I guess you think a person has to have a uniform team of ethics??? I can't be an environmentalist and still point out....
    I think Snowden has brought attention to important issues that have been ignored by both parties, and I think it was about time someone did that.

And by your logic, the Dali Lama is a coward for fleeing Tibet.

I also believe that (and this is purely hypothetical and cannot be proven) if Snowden had done his thing 8 years ago, you would consider him a hero, too.

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Snowden has brought attention to important issues that have been ignored by both parties, and I think it was about time someone did that.

And by your logic, the Dali Lama is a coward for fleeing Tibet.

I also believe that (and this is purely hypothetical and cannot be proven) if Snowden had done his thing 8 years ago, you would consider him a hero, too.
    What, did you really just compare this douche to the Dali Lama???

And no, I would not have considered him a hero eight years ago. That doesn't even make sense.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

What, did you really just compare this douche to the Dali Lama???
    I most certainly did. Comparisons and analogies are invaluable tools for expression. I see no reason why I shouln't use them, although they may, perhaps, soon be against the rules here.

And no, I would not have considered him a hero eight years ago. That doesn't even make sense.

Exactly.

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I most certainly did. Comparisons and analogies are invaluable tools for expression. I see no reason why I shouln't use them, although they may, perhaps, soon be against the rules here.

Exactly.
    No, it's just a shitty comparison. You make those a lot. Like comparing cutting your nails to taking away a bird's ability to fly.

Being an INTP of only average intelligence must be very difficult.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

No, it's just a shitty comparison. You make those a lot. Like comparing cutting your nails to taking away a bird's ability to fly.

Being an INTP of only average intelligence must be very difficult.
    Why is it a shitty comparison? "If the Dalai Lama were truly moral, he would face the Chinese authorities and own up to his beliefs!" Why the hell isn't he a coward? Because he's a person that you like, and Snowden is a person that you hate (probably because you're worried that what he did might affect elections)? Is that your reasoning? I guess that makes sense in it's own way, but I fail to see how that's morality.

You're right about the bird, though. It just came out that the LAX shooter had a pet bird as a kid, and was also an INTP upset about not being famous. Truly moral people keep pack animals as pets while preventing them from interacting with any of their own kind!

Visit my Johari: