User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Snowden be freed?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

8 19.05%
First 67891018 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I can practically hear Ed Snowden screaming in his head "I AM COOL. I AM IMPORTANT. I HAVE A STRIPPER GIRLFRIEND AND I DID A COOL ILLEGAL THING."

If I'm wrong, sue me, but this guy rubs me the wrong way.
    Sounds like projection. Maybe if you were in his position you would be thinking that.

Having a stripper girlfriend doesn't make him a narcissist. That's a fucking retarded thing to say. I'd argue that makes him desperate, lol.

I think he simply got island fever in hawaii and said, "fuck this I'm a survivor and I have an opportunity to make a difference. Lets mix things up a bit."

Serenity? Have you read that awkward "blame everyone else" letter to the human rights activists?
    No, have you got it there?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    No, have you got it there?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/edwar...-letter-2013-7

Here you go. Decide for yourself. I know you will anyway.

He's applying for asylum in Russia now. This is too precious.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't right.

HE IS TOO PRECIOUS.

MBTI
    INTJ

How much extrajudicial punishment will you agree he can suffer?

Snowden probably left Hong Kong too early. His situation in Russia is decidedly unlike the one he had. It seems like he got scared and tried to get the South America too soon. This doesn't bode well for his eventually freedom. So should he be freed might be moot. Meaning, when he is caught and rendered, however it happens, what size cell? For how long should the suicide watch be maintained? Can he wear clothes? Shall he exercise? Have visitors? Be allowed conversations? What punishments will be appropriate before he is tried? And when you find out they happened, what will you do? If the Manning story tells us anything, news of the punishments will take some time to come out.

I suppose also, how much regular punishment should he suffer? If this PRISM game is really perfectly legal and everyone knew anyway so his disclosures really only break his oath of secrecy, what punishment fits? I'll guess, shall I? You don't know. You don't know what punishment he deserves.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Sounds like projection. Maybe if you were in his position you would be thinking that.

Having a stripper girlfriend doesn't make him a narcissist. That's a fucking retarded thing to say. I'd argue that makes him desperate, lol.

I think he simply got island fever in hawaii and said, "fuck this I'm a survivor and I have an opportunity to make a difference. Lets mix things up a bit."

Being a rich guy with a stripper girlfriend whom you don't encourage to do other things makes you a narcissist. I'm not going to waste time explaining to you why.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Being a rich guy with a stripper girlfriend whom you don't encourage to do other things makes you a narcissist. I'm not going to waste time explaining to you why.
    Being a rich guy with a stripper girlfriend makes you desperate enough to pay for a girlfriend, lmao. Maybe he did tell her to get another job. Maybe she said, "who cares, I make a shit ton of money to be exhibitionistic, so I'm gonna keep doing this."

Are you another one of those people who thinks money is inherently evil? That all people who have money are also mentally ill?

You're probably right. its not worth my time debating with a fool.

http://www.businessinsider.com/edwar...-letter-2013-7

Here you go. Decide for yourself. I know you will anyway.

He's applying for asylum in Russia now. This is too precious.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't right.

HE IS TOO PRECIOUS.
    Decide for myself? I would never decide without consulting my dear marmot. It's not exactly from one marmot to another, but rather from one Mole to a fellow creature.

MBTI
    INTJ

Also, Marm, get out of this conversation. Do you know the odds the NSA has your text messages? For me the minimum odds are 1 in 900,000. 900 billion text messages were sent in China in 2012, and according to Snowden, NSA scooped up millions of them. So, at minimum, the odds that the NSA has my text messages are 1 in 900,000. According to you, since I'm not a jihadi and have no associations with terrorist groups at all, the odds that the NSA has my text messages should be zero.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Strippers shouldn't have boyfriends? And if a male has a stripper boyfriend, he is obligated to "encourage" her to change professions? You should take a step back and think about what you're saying here.

On top of all of this, whether or not this guy is a narcissist is irrelevant. He could be the biggest jerk on the planet and what he did still would have been a public service.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Strippers shouldn't have boyfriends? And if a male has a stripper boyfriend, he is obligated to "encourage" her to change professions? You should take a step back and think about what you're saying here.

On top of all of this, whether or not this guy is a narcissist is irrelevant. He could be the biggest jerk on the planet and what he did still would have been a public service.
    Betraying one's country is not a public service, rather it looks like a matter of individual conscience.

But for the future, sadly Edward will discover no one likes a traitor, not even those who grant him asylum.