User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Snowden be freed?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

8 19.05%
First 5678917 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with the rest of your post but THIS OH THIS.

I wonder what it's like to hide out in the Russian transit zone. Probably pretty cushy for Snowden, given how affluent Moscow is now and his own personal bank account.

He's in for a nasty surprise when/if his money runs out though.

I still suspect him of a disorder like narcissism. He left behind his pole dancer gf (even though he made 200,000 a year...why didn't she quit her job? did he get his jollies off of the status of having a stripper gf? would he not support her, or at least let her get a job that wasn't in sex work where she potentially made less income? did he buy her?) ...seriously I wonder about an upper-middle class man who allows his gf to work as a stripper. It's only excusable in a committed relationship when it's you know like fiscally necessary. Otherwise it starts to look like pimping.
    Maybe he didn't care she was a stripper because he wasn't as judgemental as you are.

As for narcissism, yes, that's certainly what the media said. But I think it has more to do with being a part of the beta quadra and wanting some excitement in his life, more than anything.

REVOLUTION!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Maybe he didn't care she was a stripper because he wasn't as judgemental as you are.

As for narcissism, yes, that's certainly what the media said. But I think it has more to do with being a part of the beta quadra and wanting some excitement in his life, more than anything.

REVOLUTION!
    No it means he didn't care about her. I don't think you get my point. Of course you wouldn't.

I worked in adult entertainment for YEARS. I would never marry a man who made that much money who said "hey baby yeah you give other men lap dances."

It's something you probably don't understand, but I used to think strippers with live-in boyfriends or husbands were the most pathetic people on the face of the earth.

If a woman does sex work, she should be in charge of her own life. Period.

If he is committing an act of civil disobedience in good conscience he should take his punishment like every other great (or unknown) actor of civil disobedience.

That is, if it was actually in service of others.

And I don't believe it was.
    Rather than being in the service of others, Civil Disobedience is in the service of one's conscience and the law.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Rather than being in the service of others, Civil Disobedience is in the service of one's conscience and the law.
    Nah I think this dude did it in service of his own fantasies and ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    He was pulled over because he had black skin and arrested for possession of pot? I don't think so. You're trying too hard to demean what Manning and Snowden have done. The federal government is your deity. We get it.
    I think Bradley and Edward both acted out of their conscience. They did not act for money. They weren't blackmailed. And they weren't spying for a foreign power. And they didn't act under duress.

But whereas we are obliged to follow our conscience, we are then obliged to follow the law.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Bradley and Edward both acted out of their conscience. They did not act for money. They weren't blackmailed. And they weren't spying for a foreign power. And they didn't act under duress.

But whereas we are obliged to follow our conscience, we are then obliged to follow the law.

You can follow an egotistical urge for notoriety or fame without being compelled by money or blackmail, Mole.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know what it is, but I can practically hear Ed Snowden screaming in his head "I AM COOL. I AM IMPORTANT. I HAVE A STRIPPER GIRLFRIEND AND I DID A COOL ILLEGAL THING."

If I'm wrong, sue me, but this guy rubs me the wrong way.

You can follow an egotistical urge for notoriety or fame without being compelled by money or blackmail, Mole.
    This is true my dear Marmot. So it looks like we are stuck with an egotistical urge for notoriety and fame or an act of conscience.

And it seems to me that the serenity of Edward would suggest an act of conscience.

I have performed acts of conscience only twice in my life and on each occasion I felt serene.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is true my dear Marmot. So it looks like we are stuck with an egotistical urge for notoriety and fame or an act of conscience.

And it seems to me that the serenity of Edward would suggest an act of conscience.

I have performed acts of conscience only twice in my life and on each occasion I felt serene.
    Serenity? Have you read that awkward "blame everyone else" letter to the human rights activists?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not that I'm against attention whoring, of course, but you should do it by being notorious on the Internet, forming a rock and roll band, being a pretentious artist or writer, et al instead of pretending it's for mankind.

If you're going to do something for mankind, really do it for mankind.