User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Snowden be freed?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

8 19.05%
First 10181920

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What does UN Resolution 16/18 have to with Snowden? Is the US going to arrest him for violating that?
    UN Resolution 16/18 has nothing to do with Snowden, rather I was pointing out that the UN is not so toothless as you might think.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    UN Resolution 16/18 has nothing to do with Snowden, rather I was pointing out that the UN is not so toothless as you might think.
    Umm, it is toothless. It has no sovereignty. It can only "enforce" things sovereign nations allow it to "enforce". Still, this has nothing to do with Edward, so it's a pointless diversion.

I wonder how long it will be until the US government is torturing him.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Umm, it is toothless. It has no sovereignty. It can only "enforce" things sovereign nations allow it to "enforce". Still, this has nothing to do with Edward, so it's a pointless diversion.
    Every country has a United Nations Association. And I am presuming you are in the USA, so why not join the United Nations Association of the USA, and find out for yourself at http://www.unausa.org/
    Last edited by Mole; 08-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Snowden has been granted temporary asylum (1 year) in Russia! I bet this will make Marm really mad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...tml?tid=pm_pop
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Snowden has been granted temporary asylum (1 year) in Russia!
    We now have random access memory and so we not only have celebrity whistleblowers, we have thousands and thousands of ordinary whistleblowers.

This means the demise of authoritarian institutions based on secrecy and control.