User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The CBO came out with a report stating the savings from reform. The money is coming from those savings.
    After you forced me to do a bit of research, it turns out that CATO and Heritage disagree. By 1.5 trillion, in fact.

With that said, I don't need to do any research to know that immigrants use more public resources than non-immigrants. Reason: the lower the education the greater the reliance on government services.

* goes off to see what Liberals think about the costs of this bill *
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'm kinda hurt right now so I can't devote the monster post I would otherwise to this.

The CBO came out with a report stating the savings from reform. The money is coming from those savings.

Open borders is an absolutely stupid idea. The costs. The depression of the wage floor for the poor. Losing the national character.

It's basically asking for our own demise as a country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    This is why I usually don't post in your threads. I offer my opinion and it's called stupid. I disagree with you, but I don't call your ideas stupid. I'm sorry your arm hurts, but that's no excuse.
    Open borders is what we have now. And it wasn't Aquarelle's idea either. And yes, open borders is stupid.
    P.S. Just because someone says something against what you say doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    Open borders is what we have now.
    Actually, we have what is referred to as a “slow leak” policy, which is what both Liberals and the business community prefer. This is why nothing is ever done when this debate comes up now and again. Of course, the interesting conflict for the Right is maintaining a flow of cheap labor to appease the business community versus slowing down the next group of Democratic Party sympathizers that are coming across the border tomorrow. Such a tough and interesting spot they are finding themselves in these days. I suspect principle will have to be sacrificed at some point in order to remain relevant in the future.

I love it when both the Right and Left purposely or coincidently agree on a policy that lasts for decades. I suspect they disagree quite a bit when it comes down to quota distribution, however.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

nothing still.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee