User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Is this the thread where american guys kind of indirectly brag about how such a fighting cowboy they are?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Is this the thread where american guys kind of indirectly brag about how such a fighting cowboy they are?
    There was an older guy in ROTC in high school that was one of the worst guys I've ever come across that I had to avoid scrapping with to because he was larger and I hadn't finished growing.

That kid was a monster (not big just mean, he was a senior and I was a freshman) though.

He humiliated me, because he saw that I was in a no win situation if I scrapped with him. It would not make sense to do so unless he started it.

I got kicked down the stairs in middle school by a group, and never got vengeance.

On the bus in middle school, a kid wedgied me and ripped my boxers. He sat back down in front of me and I put him in a tight sleeper, and said I won't let go unless you never do that again.

He said he wouldn't, and after I let go, he turned around and punched me like 5 times in the face. I had braces and he didn't even make me bleed.

I did not respond. He never laid a hand on me again.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I was horsing around with on of my IB class mates who was a smaller Indian guy named Ravi that was a friend of mine.

I pushed him/tossed him, and he ended up going into a concrete wall head first and was knocked out for a sec.

I was so ashamed of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    On the bus in middle school, a kid wedgied me and ripped my boxers.
    Best self-defense against that is to go commando.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm no saint, and on the continuum consider myself a bad good guy.

The only reason my stories are sympathetic are because I was picked on young. Once I switched into IB in 9th grade where I was with my own kind, and started being really involved after school did I start to get cooler.

I'm scarred and in many ways worthy of your contempt, although I hate myself more than anyone here could manage.

But I almost always mean well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    If you just take a course, it will not guarantee you become a fighter or that you will even survive. If a person wants you dead badly enough, they'll hide on top a building and take you out with a long range rifle or something, but if they just want to rape you or rob you, then chances are they are just thugs and are probably not trained. Still, a course that you take and then forget will do you no good. If you take a self-defense course, take it seriously, let it become an everyday part of your reflexes. Attackers expect their victims to be docile. They don't expect to attack a woman and have her leap onto him and smash his trachea with the palm of her hand or have her grab the insides of his legs where the flesh is tender and pinch the life out of him. They don't expect her to jab an ink pen in his eye socket or something like that. You don't have to be black belt for these things, but you do have to overcome fear and take advantage of every opening, closing the distance. At any cost, stay out of arm's length and if you can get in, go for the goods. Do the optimal amount of damage with the least amount of effort. A predator depends on his victim's fear, on her helplessness.
    Classes, even relatively brief ones, offer two benefits to women. First is knowledge about the best ways to distract or disable an attacker. Many women think first of kicking a guy in the groin, but not surprisingly guys think of that, too, and may be expecting it. Strikes to the eyes are often a better bet, and a good kick to the knee can be incapacitating. Second is having the experience of trying these techniques out on real-life guys. Yes, they are friendly instructors trying to help the women learn and thus completely non-threatening. The first time a woman tries out one of the defense techniques against a large man grabbing or pulling her, however, should not be the time it really counts. I assist with women's self-defense classes in my area, and we always have a few participants who almost refuse to try the techniques. as well as a few who keep coming back to do them over and over, because they want to develop that muscle memory and comfort level.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Classes, even relatively brief ones, offer two benefits to women. First is knowledge about the best ways to distract or disable an attacker. Many women think first of kicking a guy in the groin, but not surprisingly guys think of that, too, and may be expecting it. Strikes to the eyes are often a better bet, and a good kick to the knee can be incapacitating. Second is having the experience of trying these techniques out on real-life guys. Yes, they are friendly instructors trying to help the women learn and thus completely non-threatening. The first time a woman tries out one of the defense techniques against a large man grabbing or pulling her, however, should not be the time it really counts. I assist with women's self-defense classes in my area, and we always have a few participants who almost refuse to try the techniques. as well as a few who keep coming back to do them over and over, because they want to develop that muscle memory and comfort level.
    Wonderfully stated, Coriolis. Your points are very valid and I agree with you. Also, I think it's great that you assist with self-defense classes.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Good news! The alleged attacker has been caught. If you watch the video, you'll see that the phrase "caught with his pants down" applies literally.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...213574601.html

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Is the fighting type born or made?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Is the fighting type born or made?
    Probably...born to be made.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14