User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Please explain why your country sucks.

According to this study, Finland is the least failed state in the world (3rd year in a row). Other statistics also suggest that Finland (and other Nordic countries) consistently tops these kind of international comparisons.

What's your (country's) excuse?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Trust me, but I would never ever dream to settle into one of the most boring, unexciting and depressing places of the world I know (aka the Scandinavian countries).

Helsinki can be fine during summer (and I like Finnish people, especially the quality of their modern architecture), but during the winter it's not difficult to understand why Finland suicide rate is one of the highest in the known world.
    I still have nightmares of Espoo and Turku in december -Sweden is even worst, though-.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

There is not enough readily available information to evaluate this particular study; for example, I would be hugely interested to know exactly why the United States has the same score for 'mounting demographic pressures' as South Korea, despite the fact that South Korea simultaneously suffers from a combination of massive overcrowding AND 'lowest-low' fertility rates (and no, the two do not compensate for each other).

Edit: There are several problems of this nature throughout, such as with Angola, which still has large amounts of decent land relative to the population and a rapidly growing economy (albeit one that is heavily skewed by oil exports and other extraction industries) despite its high fertility rate; it shouldn't be anywhere near Niger's score, even with a higher AIDS infection rate.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Are you really trying to troll us like that? I mean, I'm just asking for confirmation in order to start replying.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The USA sucks because everyone is a sheep and each one moves in-formation with the rest of the herd.
    It's also kind of like everyone is a brainwashed-robot with programming codes very tough to crack asunder.
    We need to destroy these corrupt systems and revolutionize our entire paradigm of human civilization!

The UK sucks for so many reasons I don't think I can fit them in this text box.

garbage

Well, my country apparently sucks primarily because of our levels of Vengeance-Seeking Group Grievance, Uneven Economic Development, and Rise of Factionalized Elites.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

New Zealand sucks because... New Zealand sucks because...

Edit: High suicide rates
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

There's a British joke about France.

When God created countries, he gave France the most romantic landscapes, the ideal climate, the most fertile soils, the perfect geographic location. It was the most beautiful country of all. So to make things even and fair, God created the French.

It's very true somehow. It's no wonder why France is the most visited country on earth. But you have the French populating it, one of the grumpiest people on earth, never able to realize how incredibly lucky they are, always complaining about anything.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    There's a British joke about France.

When God created countries, he gave France the most romantic landscapes, the ideal climate, the most fertile soils, the perfect geographic location. It was the most beautiful country of all. So to make things even and fair, God created the French.

It's very true somehow. It's no wonder why France is the most visited country on earth. But you have the French populating it, one of the grumpiest people on earth, never able to realize how incredibly lucky they are, always complaining about anything.
    I read something interesting explaining why the Americans and the French have such an animosity.. we remind each other of the things about ourselves that aren't too great.

Look at the stereotype of the French... obsessed with consumption and material wealth, rude, arrogant, believe they represent the height of civilization, etc. Does it remind you of any other national stereotype?

One thing that does bug me about the U.S. is the fact that communities are designed with cars first, pedestrians second, for the most part. That's going to bite us in the ass if it isn't already.

Also, the way having the government do anything except sit in a room and decide who to nuke is thought of as Stalinist.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78