First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    New Zealand sucks because... New Zealand sucks because...

Edit: High suicide rates
    Hey, we're #173 (6th from the bottom) on the linked list. That makes us one of the best.

And NZ's suicide rate isn't that bad - it's better than the practically-perfect-in-every-way Nordic states (not that it's that good either).

Apparently New Zealand sucks because of Vengeance-Seeking Group Grievance, Uneven Economic Development, and Poverty, Sharp or Severe Economic Decline
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hey, we're #173 (6th from the bottom) on the linked list. That makes us one of the best.

And NZ's suicide rate isn't that bad - it's better than the practically-perfect-in-every-way Nordic states (not that it's that good either).

Apparently New Zealand sucks because of Vengeance-Seeking Group Grievance, Uneven Economic Development, and Poverty, Sharp or Severe Economic Decline
    Ok then, too many sheep, or not enough sheep, depending on your sheep related happiness threshold.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Oz sucks because, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, Australia is only the second best country to be born in. Unfortunately Switzerland is number one.

Naive Australians are wont to say that being born in Australia is like winning the lottery, but little do they know that Switzerland has the winning ticket.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Oz sucks because, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, Australia is only the second best country to be born in. Unfortunately Switzerland is number one.

Naive Australians are wont to say that being born in Australia is like winning the lottery, but little do they know that Switzerland has the winning ticket.
    I was curious to see if you actually had something bad to say about Australia.

Regrettably, you did not disprove my hypothesis regarding your attachment to romantic ideologies like nationalism, and appear to have missed the point of this thread entirely. Oh well. Not every romantic nationalist was Hitler.

Too bad you need the U.S. to front most of your civilizing crusades that your hero Julia Gillard seems so fond of.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    you need the U.S. to front most of your civilizing crusades that your hero Julia Gillard seems so fond of.
    Tomorrow is the moment of truth for Julia Gillard PM when her Cabinet decides to remove her or let her lead the Australian Labor Party (ALP) to a catastrophic electoral defeat in September.

Stay posted.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Based on the OP's link, clearly Libertarian>Totalitarian/Communist>Free Market Capitalism>Social Democracies.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

practically-perfect-in-every-way Nordic states

Apparently New Zealand sucks because of Vengeance-Seeking Group Grievance
    I wouldn't put too much stock into Sweden's 1.0 'group grievance' score, either: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93G06G20130417

Mary Poppins they ain't.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    -

America sucks for the rancid pop-culture and its effects, in particular, on our young citizens. However, our older populations are being affected likewise.

That's not to say the roots of our idiocy can all be traced to the media, but people here are easily overcome by external influence. What else sucks? Knowing we are the current global conquistadors, the biggest bully on the block. The gang problems are terrible too.

There's also the fact that it's an Extravert and Sensate culture that's fairly intolerant of INxx lifestyles. *sigh*

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Tomorrow is the moment of truth for Julia Gillard PM when her Cabinet decides to remove her or let her lead the Australian Labor Party (ALP) to a catastrophic electoral defeat in September.

Stay posted.
    Well, looks like that smug back-stabber got the best of her - Kevin Rudd is now Prime Minister.

I don't know much about her politics, but I pity Gillard for the sheer amount of attacks she's had to endure (mostly of the ad hominem variety, it seemed to me). This might be a blessing in disguise for her; at least every day won't be such a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Based on the OP's link, clearly Libertarian>Totalitarian/Communist>Free Market Capitalism>Social Democracies.
    Funny that...

It's amazing how much people try to deny that Social Democracy is a superior political option.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock into Sweden's 1.0 'group grievance' score, either: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93G06G20130417

Mary Poppins they ain't.
    Yes, I've heard about this recently, regarding Sweden. It's very easy to have few minority grievances if you're relatively ethnically homogeneous. It's a different story when that changes...

And while NZ does have debate over group grievances (primarily about the wrongs committed against the native people, the Maori, in the mid-late 19th Century), it is something that is taken seriously and the government regularly attempts to redress. Just recently the Government announced a settlement of NZ$170 million (approx. US$132 million) to a single tribe, as well as other changes in forms of governance etc.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte