User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Backing these horses in the race....
    Does this mean we get cool racehorse names?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This has been a thought I've had forever. I'm pretty sure it wasn't your intent to be read in this way, but this neatly covers the juncture where I diverge from feminist thinking.
    Yeah, I really hadn't quite taken it that far yet (in terms of putting it into words). However, I've always had a very real sense that, while we might be very technologically advanced and can triumph over "nature" in so many ways... we're still not beyond it and there is a certain fundamental reality of our nature that can't be sidestepped, at least not without losing something in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Does this mean we get cool racehorse names?
    Sure! You can be Beluga Oblongata, I'll be Pass the Swordfish!
    http://www.wordlab.com/archives/racehorse-names-list/
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Apropos of nothing, I had a hearty laugh at this quote from the OP's source:

In consenting to sex, neither a man nor a woman gives consent to become a parent, just as in consenting to any activity, one does not consent to yield to all the accidental outcomes that might flow from that activity.

Having a child is an accidental outcome of sex? Yeah, and getting hit by a car is an accidental outcome of running into traffic. It's astonishing to me the degree to which the pervasiveness of birth control and abortion have allowed people to conceptually separate sex and pregnancy to the point where people consider pregnancy a thing that happened to them instead of a thing they did.
    That is precisely the statement I took most issue with. All sorts of metaphors could be made about two adults engaging in a risky behavior that results in an undesired consequence despite precautionary measures, but they just really really really don't want to have to face the undesired consequence. Responsibility isn't contingent upon one's desire to possess it. It. Just Is.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'd support a sex contract.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Would that be called a pre-schtupp agreement?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I believe the author did suggest that... or maybe it was in the comments section? Apparently, there are links online for suggested printable sex contracts. Link.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-c...-love-contract
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

as fair as forced mother hood
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was just thinking along the lines of a sex-nup, there will always be areas of difficulty though.

Other possibllities

1) Men can have babies too....

2) A genderless society (a certain crossover with the above)

3) No more sex at all ever

4) Mass sterilisation

Mostly unserious but i do like the idea of males beaing able to have babies too...and a genderless society(complex though).

I also wonder how thie op's question would play into a married couples situation... e.g married couple with three children, a fourth (accidental) pregnancy happens one parent wants to keep the other not.

And finally what do we do about all the parents who decided they did want to have children but then changed their minds, post birth? There are many of those. Sadly we can not force a parent to want to spend time with/support their child.

EDIT: Have we not yet invented a male contraceptive pill?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    My opinion is that if the father would like the mother to have an abortion, but the mother refuses, then the mother is solely responsible for the child. She made the decision to keep the child, against the father's wishes, knowing full well that the father would not be supporting the child. The mother would be financially irresponsible to have a child that she cannot afford. I believe that the appropriate action would be to find a man who actually wants to have a child with her.
    Agreed!
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance