User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

If men don't want to be fathers they shouldn't have sex. Or they can use condoms more often. That's my opinion, anyway.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    No worries. I can be ridiculous at times, but I try to avoid being pedantic.
    Haha, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Too bad we're not more like seahorses. . .
    True, but there are many things my dad was able to do for me physically that my mom did not after the whole pregnancy and labor part. For example, my mom never helped me or my brother with moving into or out of college the eight times that each of us had to do it (start of the year + end of the year). Or moving into either of our apartments. And it was mostly my dad who drove us to and from grade school before that.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    If men don't want to be fathers they shouldn't have sex. Or they can use condoms more often. That's my opinion, anyway.
    By that logic, wouldn't the same be true of women who get abortions or put their children up for adoption? If they weren't raped, of course.

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Its forced. So no.
    so is paying taxes
    so is enforcement of any law

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    so is paying taxes
    so is enforcement of any law
    So is showing up at work. Even when there's nothing to do and it's pointless.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

My opinion is that if the father would like the mother to have an abortion, but the mother refuses, then the mother is solely responsible for the child. She made the decision to keep the child, against the father's wishes, knowing full well that the father would not be supporting the child. The mother would be financially irresponsible to have a child that she cannot afford. I believe that the appropriate action would be to find a man who actually wants to have a child with her.

There are many who do not believe in abortion. They believe that the moment the ovum is fertilized, there is something sacred about that. My girlfriend is of that belief. I have almost no sympathy on this matter. If I knocked her up, and she refused to have an abortion, then I would take care of the child. I don't think I have any obligation to, but I would do it out of love for my girlfriend. Once I start taking care of the kid, then a bond will form, and the kid would be counting on me to be there for him/her, then I would feel a responsibility for that. Funny how it works out, isn't it?

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    lol. "Forced Fatherhood" is clearly a rhetorical term. But rhetoric works, people fall for it. If something sounds a certain way, people will buy into it without reasoning things through.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Perhaps you'll get lucky, and they'll tell you "today's a slow day. Don't bother showing up, I'm sure you have better things to do. We'll just dock a day's pay off your next cheque"

Epiphany

My opinion is that if the father would like the mother to have an abortion, but the mother refuses, then the mother is solely responsible for the child. She made the decision to keep the child, against the father's wishes, knowing full well that the father would not be supporting the child. The mother would be financially irresponsible to have a child that she cannot afford. I believe that the appropriate action would be to find a man who actually wants to have a child with her.
    I agree with this. Though I also think people who create a child they can't or won't take care of should be sterilized by the government before they create more children they can't take care of and put the burden on society to raise.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Perhaps you'll get lucky, and they'll tell you "today's a slow day. Don't bother showing up, I'm sure you have better things to do. We'll just dock a day's pay off your next cheque"
    lol :P I was joking. I'm a student, I don't have a job. Relax.