User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Deer piss.
    I see your deer piss and raise you a decomposing human body.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm sorry to hear that your large company is as inefficient as any government. Is your company 16 trillion dollars in debt too?
    I don't know the exact number, but it is certainly in debt. They are trying to transition from print to a more digital model, and aren't doing a good job of it, IMO. Corporations can be run by idiots, same as governments. The difference is with a representative democracy/republic, you can vote the idiots out. There is no mechanism for doing so with a company, unless you're a bigshot investor or on the board of directors, and even then, they might come back as a supervillain and kill you.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I see your deer piss and raise you a decomposing human body.
    Original and to the point. I'm glad to see someone putting in a lot of thought before responding.

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't know the exact number, but it is certainly in debt. They are trying to transition from print to a more digital model, and aren't doing a good job of it, IMO. Corporations can be run by idiots, same as governments. The difference is with a representative democracy/republic, you can vote the idiots out. There is no mechanism for doing so with a company, unless you're a bigshot investor or on the board of directors, and even then, they might come back as a supervillain and kill you.
    Corporations can vote their own idiots out.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Corporations can vote their own idiots out.
    Customers don't get to vote, only stockholders get a vote. Your power is proportional to your wealth, which makes it undemocratic.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Customers don't get to vote, only stockholders get a vote. Your power is proportional to your wealth, which makes it undemocratic.
    Let's see what democracy has gotten us...

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

What does a CEO know about human rights??

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Let's see what democracy has gotten us...
    Other than the fact that all of the freest, wealthiest nations on the planet are some form of a representative democracy?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Tap water does taste different depending on the place, so I understand that people might dislike it in some places and go for bottled water instead. But I've met far too many people here who wouldn't even dream of consuming it and actually think it's bad for you, and that just seems so stupid to me.

Also, what @JAVO said.

Yeah some places I've lived had weird pipes.. the water tasted like blood, in a way. And the water ran brownish randomly. It was vile. Older buildings not updating their shit, I dunno. Also some places have higher mineral contents- there'd be a white film in the sink after running water, and the toilet turned blackish if we left for the weekend. Water near the tub drain turned black.

I like bottled water for the portability when I actually DO venture out. I'm surprised to still see public water fountains. Those grossed me out even as a kid. So much splashback. Ugh.

I'm always gonna buy my cases of CVS brand water bottles, probably. (c'mon! $2.88!)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Because I don't believe in the privatization of water?
    Not even in places with a water surplus? Seems as dogmatic as opposing a government monopoly in desert countries....

That said, I do consider clean drinking water a public good and natural monopoly....but anything left over after an adequate supply is provided for should be left to the private sector.