User Tag List

First 10181920

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Yeah GMOs are great, just eat that shit riiiiiiiiight up.

Of course organic foods are inferior. I just love eating silicon and tar and whatever other shit you put in processed foods.

I'm gagging on this man's insipid lies.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Our tap water back at home isn't potable. We have to boil and filter it ourselves. We'd get seriously sick if we didn't.

I still feel surprised when see people buying crates of bottled water here in the US. Why? The tap water is JUST FINE here. It seems really bizarre to me.
    Not always. Florida treats its water with fluoride. Proper dentists treat children's teeth with fluoride. As a child in Florida, receiving proper dental care from the lovely US military, the dumbasses eroded half the enamel on my teeth. My mother switched us to bottled water as soon as she found out. Not to mention all of the hormones and such you're getting second hand. And areas where nuclear weapons were tested. While bottled water is wasteful, it's more complex than you'd think.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    Not always. Florida treats its water with fluoride. Proper dentists treat children's teeth with fluoride. As a child in Florida, receiving proper dental care from the lovely US military, the dumbasses eroded half the enamel on my teeth. My mother switched us to bottled water as soon as she found out. Not to mention all of the hormones and such you're getting second hand. And areas where nuclear weapons were tested. While bottled water is wasteful, it's more complex than you'd think.
    How did the dumbasses erode the enamel on your teeth? Fluoride doesn't have that effect even in large amounts.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    How did the dumbasses erode the enamel on your teeth? Fluoride doesn't have that effect even in large amounts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis Like that

"Dental fluorosis, also called mottling of tooth enamel, is a developmental disturbance of dental enamel caused by excessive exposure to high concentrations of fluoride during tooth development. The risk of fluoride overexposure occurs at any age but it is higher at younger ages. In its mild forms (which are its most common), fluorosis often appears as unnoticeable, tiny white streaks or specks in the enamel of the tooth. In its most severe form, tooth appearance is marred by discoloration or brown markings...

Many well-known sources of fluoride may contribute to overexposure including dentifrice/fluoridated mouthrinse (which young children may swallow), bottled waters which are not tested for their fluoride content, inappropriate use of fluoride supplements, ingestion of foods especially imported from other countries, and public water fluoridation. The last of these sources is directly or indirectly responsible for 40% of all fluorosis, but the resulting effect due to water fluoridation is largely and typically aesthetic..."
    Last edited by Chiharu; 08-01-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: To help tl;dr people

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis Like that

"Dental fluorosis, also called mottling of tooth enamel, is a developmental disturbance of dental enamel caused by excessive exposure to high concentrations of fluoride during tooth development. The risk of fluoride overexposure occurs at any age but it is higher at younger ages. In its mild forms (which are its most common), fluorosis often appears as unnoticeable, tiny white streaks or specks in the enamel of the tooth. In its most severe form, tooth appearance is marred by discoloration or brown markings...

Many well-known sources of fluoride may contribute to overexposure including dentifrice/fluoridated mouthrinse (which young children may swallow), bottled waters which are not tested for their fluoride content, inappropriate use of fluoride supplements, ingestion of foods especially imported from other countries, and public water fluoridation. The last of these sources is directly or indirectly responsible for 40% of all fluorosis, but the resulting effect due to water fluoridation is largely and typically aesthetic..."
    It says mottling, not erosion.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It says mottling, not erosion.
    The enamel is weakened and the teeth are more prone to cavities. Perhaps erode wasn't the right word. I wasn't trying to have a precise medical discussion, nor would I attempt to as I am not a dentist. My teeth are permanently damaged and require very expensive dental work. My point remains that tap water isn't as perfectly harmless as most people think. That's really all you need to know, and I don't understand why you are taking such a pedantic stance on a post on a subforum of a typology website.