User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 196

  1. #141
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Liberal democrats confuse NEED with RIGHT.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #142
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The UN declaration on water declares that "The human right to water is indispensable for leading a life in human dignity. It is a prerequisite for the realization of other human rights".

    Now let's do a little substitution. "The human right to X is indispensable for leading a life in human dignity. It is a prerequisite for the realization of other human rights."

    What else can we substitute for X?

    Food?

    Sanitation?

    Clothing?

    Medical care?

    A car in every garage and a chicken in every pot?

    Your Democrat/Communist hero FDR promised us the latter, and we got it. Now the world hates us for it and is demanding our cars, our chickens, and our pots.
    Mal for the last time I'm not a fucking communist. Can it be your bedtime now?

  3. #143
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    I finally watched this video, and this guy is basing everything on a false premise. He calls water a foodstuff. It's not. Bottled or potable water, maybe, but not H2O. Strip away that ridiculous premise and his argument falls apart.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #144
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Mal for the last time I'm not a fucking communist. Can it be your bedtime now?
    The only thing I like about your response is that it included my excellent response.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #145
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I finally watched this video, and this guy is basing everything on a false premise. He calls water a foodstuff. It's not. Bottled or potable water, maybe, but not H2O. Strip away that ridiculous premise and his argument falls apart.
    What's his argument?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #146
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The only thing I like about your response is that it included my excellent response.
    I'm not sure if it's escaped your notice that by European standards Obama is a right-wing authoritarian...not as authoritarian as Dubya, but still right-wing, not left-wing.

    Some of Obama's policies are actually similar to Ronald Reagan's. The taxes for the wealthy at the start of the Tea Party douchebaggery were actually the LOWEST they'd been since the 1960s, including under Republican presidents.

    If you don't know the difference between communism and a social democracy, that's not my problem, but it becomes exceedingly difficult to have a conversation with someone whose entire view of politics is based more in apparent paranoia than fact.

  7. #147
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm not sure if it's escaped your notice that by European standards Obama is a right-wing authoritarian...not as authoritarian as Dubya, but still right-wing, not left-wing.

    Some of Obama's policies are actually similar to Ronald Reagan's. The taxes for the wealthy at the start of the Tea Party douchebaggery were actually the LOWEST they'd been since the 1960s, including under Republican presidents.

    If you don't know the difference between communism and a social democracy, that's not my problem, but it becomes exceedingly difficult to have a conversation with someone whose entire view of politics is based more in apparent paranoia than fact.
    Sorry, but I couldn't read this because your sig is blinding me.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #148
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Sorry, but I couldn't read this because your sig is blinding me.
    Okay, now try again...because I'd really hate for you to walk through life with such ignorance.

  9. #149
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm not sure if it's escaped your notice that by European standards Obama is a right-wing authoritarian...not as authoritarian as Dubya, but still right-wing, not left-wing.

    Some of Obama's policies are actually similar to Ronald Reagan's. The taxes for the wealthy at the start of the Tea Party douchebaggery were actually the LOWEST they'd been since the 1960s, including under Republican presidents.

    If you don't know the difference between communism and a social democracy, that's not my problem, but it becomes exceedingly difficult to have a conversation with someone whose entire view of politics is based more in apparent paranoia than fact.
    Define "apparent paranoia."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Liberal democrats confuse NEED with RIGHT.
    Do they? Care to elaborate?

    I'm not saying you're wrong simply that this could be considered to be true for the broad spectrum of political ideologies, unless it is demonstrable that other things, considered rights, are not merely needs.

    The slave societies of the past professed in natural slaves and that universal human rights were absurdities as a result, the critics of republicanism in France in the UK suggested that all the talk of universal rights were "nonsense on stilts"

Similar Threads

  1. What is possible and what is not
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:32 AM
  2. "I" is not one person?
    By nightning in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 03:01 AM
  3. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 10:18 PM
  4. Yeuck... turquoise is NOT suitable...
    By Xander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO