12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Who else is a "general hater"?

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...ups-study-says

I dont know what criteria they are applying so I could, unfortunately, be a "general hater" (hope not but anyway). Do you think you could be a general hater? What's the use of information like this? Is it worthwhile gathering or does it just profile people who it'd be best not to make a subject of public attention?

Most of the time when I see people dressing up like riot police and storm troopers and carrying swastika flags I'm inclined to think, "Dude, its not halloween".

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2utsjsWOWUA

haha, this still cracks me up.

anyway. knowledge is power. cant persuade the masses if you dont speak their language or appeal to them. look at romney. no, im not a hater but i have listened to them.

they argue they are not racist but race realist. they are fans of pseudo science and make great use of confirmation bias. they tout their level of whiteness, and feel ashamed with there is a blemish of some other kind of "lowly race" in there. they haunt sites like, stromfront and often talk about a reckoning or another civil war.

i have gathered my own info on them, its nice knowing who you are dealing with.

@Lark i sorta wondered if you hated other races.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Another category in the report, called "General Hate," is defined as groups that are anti-gay, Holocaust deniers, racist musicians or radical traditionalist Catholics.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...#ixzz2W0Wx69pP
    "Racist musicians?" Weird, random group to call out. "General hate" doesn't include racist pipe fitters or racist surfers?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

racist racers? racist rangers?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well this is good anyway:

The SPLC report also offers a bit of good news: The number of "immigrant-bashing" extremist groups -- so-called nativism organizations -- is way down from 2011, falling by 88%.

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    @Lark i sorta wondered if you hated other races.
    I dont hate anyone who hasnt personally wronged me, even then its a rare thing because hating someone means thinking about them and caring enough about them to think about them which isnt what I like to be bothered with most of the time, hating races? That's just ridiculous, how'd you figure that?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont hate anyone who hasnt personally wronged me, even then its a rare thing because hating someone means thinking about them and caring enough about them to think about them which isnt what I like to be bothered with most of the time, hating races? That's just ridiculous, how'd you figure that?
    a lot of the social workers i ran into have developed those kind of views.
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    a lot of the social workers i ran into have developed those kind of views.
    Racism?

You'd get reprimanded or struck of the public register of practitioners for that.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

do you believe people should be allowed to carry those views and work positions like this, regardless as long as it does not interfere with their job?
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm classist and no doubt have some racial prejudices but I'm in favor of advancing equality. I'd be more likely to get onto some kind of watch list for leftest views than anything else.

But I think, since we've allowed the democratic process to become corrupted (via things like Citizen's United) and the press and media is mostly controlled by a handfull of corporations that more and more people are feeling disenfranchised and are more likely to resort to more radical means of expressing their displeasure because they feel helpless and ignored.

And there are is no shortage of groups who are willing to exploit people's fears for their own agenda.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers