User Tag List

First 678

Thread: PRISM

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Also:

You be the judge.
    That was my first thought when I first saw the photos, actually.

So they decided to "release" some of the documents.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...ithout-warrant

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Aside from all of the constitutional arguments, this program is a failure because it's a massive waste of money. It is not economically viable. They're spending billions and cannot point to a single plot that they have stopped due to this program. The government has given some examples, claiming that this program did help stop some plots, but every one of those examples has been discredited upon closer inspection.

I'd love to be president for a day just so I could fire all of these incompetent buffoons. Any company run like the NSA would quickly go bankrupt; requires lots of money, terrible results.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Aside from all of the constitutional arguments, this program is a failure because it's a massive waste of money. It is not economically viable. They're spending billions and cannot point to a single plot that they have stopped due to this program. The government has given some examples, claiming that this program did help stop some plots, but every one of those examples has been discredited upon closer inspection.

I'd love to be president for a day just so I could fire all of these incompetent buffoons. Any company run like the NSA would quickly go bankrupt; requires lots of money, terrible results.
    Not if the backers of the NSA can handle it.

The first rule of any institution is that it is pathological. It won't go away unless some equally pathological institution consumes it. Think of the DHS, it has absorb a lot of other agencies to create its own monster.

The people that depend on the NSA for $$$ won't allow it. The estimates of the annual budget that the NSA receives? Somewhere around 60-70% of that goes towards private contractors. These contractors will do everything they can to stop the NSA from kicking the can because it is generally stable income. This means that they'll prevent the NSA from disappearing by getting politicians that support them...

With that said, there is no way the NSA itself as its own institution, will allow itself to be absorbed or tossed away.

For that, I link a theory called the Iron Triangle that suffices to say they will do everything they can to not throw it away.

Snowden charged with Espionage

Well, shit hits the fan.

Also. Paula Deen needs to disappear from the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Edward Snowden joins Sophie Scholl, Julian Assange and Bradley Manning.

MBTI
    INTJ

Are they free too then?

Hong Kong lets Snowden leave to Moscow, with Cuba among possible destinations

"We cannot read the Freeman's optical buds."
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Are they free too then?

Hong Kong lets Snowden leave to Moscow, with Cuba among possible destinations

"We cannot read the Freeman's optical buds."
    I'm cautiously optimistic he'd get to either Iceland or Ecuador.

The more stops, the more likely there was "a mechanical failure" or some other tripe that made it so that he couldn't get to another country.

One of us! One of us!

His U.S passport has been revoked, and he is in Moscow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiLxP3lxgy8

I never thought I'll be seeing Palin eye to eye. Skip to 5:50 (the rest is same old fox stuff)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...iticians-react

Each time the politicians speak, they are calling everyone in America traitors.