User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: PRISM

The NSA leak has been revealed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...r-surveillance

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

The 29-year-old source behind the biggest intelligence leak in US history explains his motives, his uncertain future and why he never intended on hiding in the shadows

The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell.

The Guardian, after several days of interviews, is revealing his identity at his request. From the moment he decided to disclose numerous top-secret documents to the public, he was determined not to opt for the protection of anonymity. "I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," he said.

Snowden will go down in history as one of America's most consequential whistleblowers, alongside Daniel Ellsberg and Bradley Manning. He is responsible for handing over material from one of the world's most secretive organisations – the NSA.

In a note accompanying the first set of documents he provided, he wrote: "I understand that I will be made to suffer for my actions," but "I will be satisfied if the federation of secret law, unequal pardon and irresistible executive powers that rule the world that I love are revealed even for an instant."

PATRIOT
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Glen Greenwald kicking ass on CNN

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    The Daily Best decides to spin some tails.
    I am having a field day just reading the news.
    The Daily Beast is Garbage except for David Frum, who has actually stopped posting there.

At this point, it's about on the same level as RedState for bias.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Watch the piece above with Glen Greenwald.

It's golden. It rips to shreds the nat sec excuse from government.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Glen Greenwald kicking ass on CNN

This'll get branded as "Obama surveillence" so that the next administration can blow it off as Obamas bag and carry it on possibly ramp it up.

It should be "state surveillence" because it is, regardless of who is involved in the changing of the guard charade its the deep state that goes on and wants these powers.

Epiphany

Perhaps Christopher Nolan was privy to PRISM.

Art imitates life

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Perhaps Christopher Nolan was privy to PRISM.

Art imitates life

Same goes for Hideo Kojima's vision laid out in Metal Gear Solid 2, with Arsenal Gear and The Patriots/GW AI programs.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

obama defending nsa. my loyalty is with the old obama, not this person serving now. i voted for obama because he was what bush was not but now he is proving to be exactly that. i have nothing to hide, but yes, i d be stupid to not see where this is heading and if there were talks of impeaching him, some kind of wagon, make room because now I am on it.

now im incredibly sad for the whistle blower and the way our country is.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Ginkgo

It's a shame the whistle-blower risks prosecution. Absolutely insane. I wonder what else compelled him to come forth on the record though. People are venerating him for being an American Hero but I suspect his principles weren't the only thing causing him to give in; methinks something else about the States got to him as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'm really not shocked or surprised by this. I've always been appropriately paranoid and assumed the NSA and whoever else could listen to our phone conversations, read our emails, etc. at will.

http://davidsimon.com/we-are-shocked-shocked/