User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would argue that we are resented firstly because we are currently king of the mountain.

We are also resented, because the international community resents having to ask us to subsidize their local security needs. But they don't thank us for being able to spend tiny percentages of GDP on their militaries.

They resent us for presuming to know what the rest of the world needs or wants from us, despite the fact that the rest of the world asks and expects us to respond to incidents and give to the needy.

They resent us for diluting the importance of local culture. In many places around the world, the youth think its cooler to go the McDonalds than say a Tea shop where men discuss political issues play chess and have some shisha (got that from an episode of No Reservations in Egypt I think).

Other countries are culturally different, and no amount of love democracy pamphlets are going to change that. We should leave the rest of the world to develop at its own pace and make it's own choices.

We're stuck with Israel. There is no changing that, but I think we should leave the rest of the region to their own devices. Giving the Mujahadeen stingers to fight the ruskies really bit us on the ass when those stingers were shooting down our apaches.

We should stop trying to prop up dictators anywhere. We should also stop giving to parts of the world that foster ongoing aggression against the US.

The middle east is a waste of time and money. We have to keep supporting Israel because we've tied ourselves to them so closely, but I would much rather focus on shit that matters like power struggles in Asia (Senkaku islands anyone), and the drug war tearing up Mexico.

Keeping folks from chopping each others heads off in the middle east is no one's problem but theirs. Now if it becomes a genocide and the UN wants us to be a part of a multilateral force thats different.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i dont believe the relationships america has with other countries is ever one sided. there never is a giving without a hidden agenda.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

One of the reasons I resent America (if I listed them all we'd be here a while, I have, I listed my resentments a while back, for all nations, groups, other things and it was cathartic) is that American women are gorgeous, better than women here, it could be jealousy rather than resentment but you know, and lot of regular yankee ladies dont know how gorgeous they are. The only thing which beats hot American lass is hot Canadian lass, my research over a ten plus year period proves it to be the case.

Science.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

One of the reasons I resent America (if I listed them all we'd be here a while, I have, I listed my resentments a while back, for all nations, groups, other things and it was cathartic) is that American women are gorgeous, better than women here, it could be jealousy rather than resentment but you know, and lot of regular yankee ladies dont know how gorgeous they are. The only thing which beats hot American lass is hot Canadian lass, my research over a ten plus year period proves it to be the case.

Science.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    In fairness there aren't many smart conservatives represented in the mainstream media.
    are there many smart people of any ideology in the mainstream media?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The world resents "us" because "we" assume it does.

Hate begins with usage "us" and "them", or "always" and "never", so this thread contributes to zilch, but what would forums be without hypocrites?

Just silly and stupid and contradictory. Gotta revel in it though, crack a smile, Disco.

John McLaughlin will consume Patty cat alive someday.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

'Exporting democracy' is just the justifying ideology for guaranteeing american interests (cheaper oil and open markets) through grand scale destruction.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Your thoughts?
    I have two thoughts: (1) I have only read three or four of posts on politics, but I would not have guessed that you would hold this position. I guess I just assumed you were a Republican rather than a Libertarian; (2) You could have just quoted Chomsky rather than some racist like Buchanan who falls asleep dreaming about the White Party every night.

This is just my way of saying that I agree with Chomsky on this as well.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    'Exporting democracy' is just the justifying ideology for guaranteeing american interests (cheaper oil and open markets) through grand scale destruction.

This argument is so incorrect - intuition at its finest.

I don't see what's so wrong about establishing free markets for those unable to do it for themselves.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    This argument is so incorrect - intuition at its finest.
    Your 'argument' isn't even an argument - sensing at its finest.

I don't see what's so wrong about establishing free markets for those unable to do it for themselves.
    The free market is not for them - it's for the invaders.

Besides, it's wrong to assume that people would want that so much that they wouldn't mind having their countries invaded and bombed (and let's not overlook the rape incidents) for it to happen.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------