User Tag List

123 Last

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Lol conspiracies

419129_199659163520084_242347400_n.jpg

The image above was posted on Facebook with the explanation that it was not a mosquito, rather a spy drone eqiupped with nanotechnology to pick up on people's DNA and funded by the US government. Is this a joke?I dont beleive it but Im wondering if anyone has heard of this, or do you like me, think this is just another piece of anti-Obama propaganda?

Thoughts?

MBTI
    INTP

The world is changing faster than a sucker like me can keep up with. If that thing isn't real now, it will be tomorrow. Guaranteed.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think this should be in the bonfire.

Outragious claims are outragious. If you think the government wants to spy on you and to do so creates a robot mosquito in order to do it, you've got a few holes too many in your head.

They'd come up with something that can't, literally, be swatted and exposed.

Don't worry though, they're spying on you. You just won't find out how. Muhahaha.

To be honest, I kind of wish they do spy on people. I've got nothing to hide, and if it exposes people who do have something to hide, good riddance I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    The world is changing faster than a sucker like me can keep up with. If that thing isn't real now, it will be tomorrow. Guaranteed.
    If you want to spy on something, wouldn't you want to do it in a way that avoids contact with those you spy on? If you want to use a robot mosquito, be my guest, but just a little spy 1on1 advice, that's a pretty terrible idea. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    To be honest, I kind of wish they do spy on people. I've got nothing to hide, and if it exposes people who do have something to hide, good riddance I'd say.
    Uhhhhh... really? I mean really? You trust the government that much? Ok man. Hope it turns out great.

If you want to spy on something, wouldn't you want to do it in a way that avoids contact with those you spy on? If you want to use a robot mosquito, be my guest, but just a little spy 1on1 advice, that's a pretty terrible idea. :P
    That's the whole idea of using something like a mosquito.... correct me if I'm wrong, maybe you know something that I don't?

Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think this should be in the bonfire.

Outragious claims are outragious. If you think the government wants to spy on you and to do so creates a robot mosquito in order to do it, you've got a few holes too many in your head.

They'd come up with something that can't, literally, be swatted and exposed.

Don't worry though, they're spying on you. You just won't find out how. Muhahaha.
    Did I say I beleived in it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Uhhhhh... really? I mean really? You trust the government that much? Ok man. Hope it turns out great.

That's the whole idea of using something like a mosquito.... correct me if I'm wrong, maybe you know something that I don't?
    It has nothing to do with trust. There is nothing I do that I wish to keep a secret. Everyone may know what I do, what difference does it make if my mother knows or if the government knows. What does trust even have to do with that? It hasn't.

I tend to swat and kill my mosquitos. If I'd swat a mosquito and see that instead of being a mosquito its a robot mosquito, it kind of removes the whole low profile aspect of spying. Wouldn't it?

It's not that hard to understand that the idea is outragious and silly, not to mention utterly stupid. :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Did I say I beleived in it?
    Huh?

I was just sharing my general statement about the subject, which I believe is the point of this topic. Or don't you wish to discuss it with other people? Nothing was directed at you personally.

MBTI
    INTP

It has nothing to do with trust. There is nothing I do that I wish to keep a secret. Everyone may know what I do, what difference does it make if my mother knows or if the government knows. What does trust even have to do with that? It hasn't.
    Time for liberty 101...

There is a such thing as an unjust law. There is this tendency toward tyranny in human nature that needs to be kept in check. They'd tap people's homes in places like East Germany back in the day and arrest people just for saying vaguely anti-government remarks.

Plus, it is INSANELY dehumanizing. Like INSANELY. That's really what makes you sound so pompous. Yeah, go ahead and just give me a strip search while you're at it, boys! See, nothing to hide! Anything else you want me to prove!?!?!?

I tend to swat and kill my mosquitos. If I'd swat a mosquito and see that instead of being a mosquito its a robot mosquito, it kind of removes the whole low profile aspect of spying. Wouldn't it?
    I mean yeah that's an alright point but they don't really have to even land on you or come that close. Still seems pretty damn crafty to me.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Huh?

I was just sharing my general statement about the subject, which I believe is the point of this topic. Or don't you wish to discuss it with other people? Nothing was directed at you personally.
    Yeah everyone is welcome to give their thoughts. I agree with what you wrote. The person who posted that on fb is heavily anti-obama which is also why it caught my attention. I think the stuff people make up in hatred of Obama is pretty effn ridiculous, regardless of how I feel about his politics I think this illustrates a point rather well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Time for liberty 101...

There is a such thing as an unjust law. There is this tendency toward tyranny in human nature that needs to be kept in check. They'd tap people's homes in places like East Germany back in the day and arrest people just for saying vaguely anti-government remarks.

Plus, it is INSANELY dehumanizing. Like INSANELY. That's really what makes you sound so pompous. Yeah, go ahead and just give me a strip search while you're at it, boys! See, nothing to hide! Anything else you want me to prove!?!?!?
    Is it really dehumanizing or are you just making it out to be. Strip searches are enforced for a good reason at airports for example (if you don't do the body scan and fail the normal full body search and still want to fly). Why do you think a strip search dehumanizes you? I don't think it's the stripsearch that dehumanizes you but your misconceptions about the stripsearch that dehumanizes you. Meaning that it is essentially you and you alone that does the dehumanizing.

But anyways, I've always been quite alienated from feelings of paranoia. I don't relate to the concept at all.

I mean yeah that's an alright point but they don't really have to even land on you or come that close. Still seems pretty damn crafty to me.
    According to the OP's post, they're out to get your DNA. I'm pretty sure they need to make contact for that if that was true.