User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Accepting homosexuality is not a choice. The truth is that homosexuality is none of your concern. They do no harm against you, they don't mess with your life, so why do think you have the right to insult them and mess with their lives?
    Thanks for giving a great example of why ssm IS an attack on marriage itself. Marriage itself is repsentative of social concern for the welfare of couples and their families. Whereas ssm advocates move their agenda ahead by promoting social indifference towards couples and their families.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Thanks for giving a great example of why ssm IS an attack on marriage itself. Marriage itself is repsentative of social concern for the welfare of couples and their families. Whereas ssm advocates move their agenda ahead by promoting social indifference towards couples and their families.
    Allowing same sex marriage does not seem to threaten anyone else's marriage in anyway.

Of course, what with the growing number of straight couples choosing not to marry in the first place, it seems like an even sillier issue in the big picture.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

No, it's none of your concern. Why do feel the urge to interfere with the lives of gay people?

Tell me: has the existence of the gay marriage changed anything in your daily life, or the way you love or consider your wife (if you're married) or your family?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

No, it's none of your concern. Why do feel the urge to interfere with the lives of gay people?

Tell me: has the existence of the gay marriage changed anything in your daily life, or the way you love or consider your wife (if you're married) or your family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Allowing same sex marriage does not seem to threaten anyone else's marriage in anyway.

Of course, what with the growing number of straight couples choosing not to marry in the first place, it seems like an even sillier issue in the big picture.
    You're taking an individualistic view. I didn't say it was an attack on anyone's marriage. I said it was an attack on marriage.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

You're taking an individualistic view. I didn't say it was an attack on anyone's marriage. I said it was an attack on marriage.
    Who does it effect and how? I'm not taking an individualist view, I'm taking a human view. I don't care if it allegedly attacks an abstract concept. I want to know how it effects people.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Who does it effect and how? I'm not taking an individualist view, I'm taking a human view. I don't care if it allegedly attacks an abstract concept. I want to know how it effects people.
    If you don't think a fundemental shift in an abstract societal concept that's been around for millennia isn't going to affect people then I don't know what else to say to you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I ask it once again: has it changed anything in your life?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If you don't think a fundemental shift in an abstract societal concept that's been around for millinia isn't going to affect people then I don't know what else to say to you.
    Well, for starters, you could give one specific about what impact it would have on people.

I don't think marriage is quite what you crack it up to be, nor do I think you aware of how eclectic a word it actually is and many forms it has taken. You underestimate the fluidity of culture.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I ask it once again: has it changed anything in your life?
    That's a silly argument as there are many many public policies that seemingly have no individual impact on my life yet that has nothing to do with whether those policies should be enacted or not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

If you don't think a fundemental shift in an abstract societal concept that's been around for millinia isn't going to affect people then I don't know what else to say to you.
    Everything changes. We're living in democracies, and as Spinoza pointed, the real aim of democracy is individual freedom. Can you prove that existence of gay marriage doesn't improve the individual freedom, the right of people to choose the way they want to live?
    Are you against democracy, because the enlightenment age eventually affected the freedom people have, and as such caused fundamental shifts in society?
    That is your right after all.

7w8 SCUxI