User Tag List

Thread: Debt by state.

Default Debt by state.

Who is paying their debt.
    Who is creating debt.
    Who is spending more than they can pay it off? Who is spending a lot, but still paying it off?
    Who is spending little, but still not paying off their debt? Who is spending little, and still paying their debt off?
    Who isn't spending but also getting their debt paid off?

I found this while knowing that California had a surplus this year. What is funny? With all that spending, we are still paying our debt. A lot of other states, however, seem to be accumulating debt rapidly.

You can check your state debt by clicking on the State Debt Clock Icon at the top left.

What I found interesting is that New Mexico is not spending much, but their debt is also slowly disappearing (this is the most interesting.)
    California is rapidly spending, but they are also rapidly paying off the debt (at least for now.)
    Texas is rapidly spending, but their debt is going up.
    Alabama is slowly spending, but their debt is increasing fast.
    Nevada is slowly spending, but is paying off its debt.
    New Jersey is spending less, but their debt is increasing.

What I find is that tax and spend can work, not spending much can also lower the debt. It just takes balancing the way your state handles the budget. Which leads to revenue. So to be fair, California is losing revenue even though it is paying off it's debt, Texas is increasing debt, but is gaining revenue.

By this rule you are going to spend your whole life in depth,

MBTI
    INTP

I can't take any of this stuff seriously because money has no meaning anymore, being that we print a gazillion dollars a week or whatever.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I can't take any of this stuff seriously because money has no meaning anymore, being that we print a gazillion dollars a week or whatever.
    They need to bring back the gold standard.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    They need to bring back the gold standard.
    I'd be happy if they did. I don't think they will, though. The guys up top always have some explanation as to why things would be better if we just left it all to them.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I'd be happy if they did. I don't think they will, though. The guys up top always have some explanation as to why things would be better if we just left it all to them.
    Unless people revolt and try to take it all back which is whats happening in the world. Its because of public opinion that our current leaders are in a postion to be destroying the world, its only through public opinion we can find competent leaders to replace them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Unless people revolt and try to take it all back which is whats happening in the world. Its because of public opinion that our current leaders are in a postion to be destroying the world, its only through public opinion we can find competent leaders to replace them.
    Honestly I am in a really bad place about it today emotionally. Like really bitter. Ready to flip out or something. We have this little 3-5 foot pool at the apartment complex, and they can't open it because they don't have a lifeguard to work there right now. It's illegal to have a pool with no lifeguard, so I guess there will be no pool at all. Fuckin spectacular. Now no one is going to drown in the 5 foot deep hole in the cement. Thanks government.