User Tag List

First 234

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by GinKuusouka View Post
    Honestly, if he's stopping whistle blowers, then I would say that it would be an act of treason. I say this because journalists are supposed to be conveying the news to use so we can make up our own minds about what to believe. However, I do know that newspapers, journalists, and others have their own agendas. There is bias. However, as a friend has told me before, if you look at the different sides and look at the middle, you're more likely to find the truth. However, if journalists aren't allowed to relate to us from their own perspective, how can we hope to glean the truth? If everything is one-sided then how do people find that middle ground? What about the freedom of speech, of the press? The taking away of constitutional rights, to me, seems very much like treason.

What assets does the government have a right to protect? This journalist in particular was on the verge of divulging sensitive information regarding our establishment of North Korean spy rings. To what extent are we willing to go to protect these establishments? What did the public have to gain from learning this information? What does the government and its people have to gain from these things remaining secret?

The land of the free - whoever told you that is your enemy.

Some people tend to think freedom means the right to do anything you want - regardless of the cosequences. For example I wouldnt associate freedom of speech with revealing private information and such. I would say that its the journalist who was on the verge of dilvulging something like that was the one potentially guilty of treason.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Some people tend to think freedom means the right to do anything you want - regardless of the cosequences. For example I wouldnt associate freedom of speech with revealing private information and such. I would say that its the journalist who was on the verge of dilvulging something like that was the one potentially guilty of treason.
    What a stupid argument. No one said anything like this. Freedom to do anything you want? Are you sure you're not *censored*?

Information held by the government is PUBLIC information, not private. Private information is all the stuff the government has been collecting to monitor everything you do, like records of all of your phone calls.

The burden of proof should be on the government to show that information should be kept from the public, not the other way around. We now live in a country where the government can secretly monitor everything we do, and informing the public that we're being monitored is the crime, not the violation of the 4th and 5th amendments. Fuck this country.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Obama is guilty of being horrible at managing the activities of the the Gov't under his administration.

He's guilty of having too much faith in the ability of big gov't to be a benign force in the public's lives.

He's guilty of a lot of things, but arguing that he's committed treason would undermine the legitimacy of the accuser.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Obama is guilty of being horrible at managing the activities of the the Gov't under his administration.

He's guilty of having too much faith in the ability of big gov't to be a benign force in the public's lives.

He's guilty of a lot of things, but arguing that he's committed treason would undermine the legitimacy of the accuser.
    We have to start making examples of people at the top. They always blame underlings, whether it's Obama or Lloyd Blankfein. I'm a firm believer in the saying "the buck stops here". If you're in charge, you're responsible. Period. If you can't handle the responsibility, quit. Otherwise, be willing to face the consequences of the actions of your underlings as though you had done it all yourself.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What a stupid argument. No one said anything like this. Freedom to do anything you want? Are you sure you're not *censored*?

Information held by the government is PUBLIC information, not private. Private information is all the stuff the government has been collecting to monitor everything you do, like records of all of your phone calls.

The burden of proof should be on the government to show that information should be kept from the public, not the other way around. We now live in a country where the government can secretly monitor everything we do, and informing the public that we're being monitored is the crime, not the violation of the 4th and 5th amendments. Fuck this country.
    I was responding to the post above mine; "This journalist in particular was on the verge of divulging sensitive information regarding our establishment of North Korean spy rings." Thats what I meant by private information. Take a pill.