User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To-may-to, to-mah-to.

It's all the same old channel, same old bullshit, same old posturing and white noise in this country. I wish our politicians could be more productive.
    Politicians work incredibly hard and are incredibly productive. The issue is to what ends they are productive.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Oh, and my answer to the OP is that we'll have to wait and see.

I'm just glad that during the midst of this scandal he decided to try switching the conversation to national security by droning on during a long speech instead of dropping bombs on people like Clinton.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think it's treason, but I'd go with criminal and as @Tyrinth says, it isn't the first gross violation of the constitution by this administration.

But it's one corporate tool or the other corporate tool. This corporate tool is just slightly more likely to support policies I agree with than the other one. OTOH, Democrats would be screaming until we popped a vein if a Republican was doing this stuff and the headlines I'm seeing seem to indicate his approval ratings are holding steady.

If Clinton gets elected, I suspect all this will pale in comparison.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Is using the DOJ to silence journalists treasonous? I'm leaning toward yes.
    Is it right? No. Is it "treasonous" No. I think treason is when you not only do something against your country but it also aids another country. If doing something in your self interest without regards to ethics/morals/values became the definition of treason, dare I say, most politicians, would be guilty of this. This seems pretty obvious to me.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Wow. Huffpo just turned on Holder and is calling for his resignation on the front page.

Www.huffingtonpost.com/

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I'm just glad that during the midst of this scandal he decided to try switching the conversation to national security by droning on during a long speech instead of dropping bombs on people like Clinton.
    You mean like Al Qaeda?

Granted, that pharmaceutical factory thing was dodgy, but I'm thinking more of stuff like this.

It just seems worth pointing out that some of the distractions were against things that actually were a threat.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Tea partiers are insane, hateful, anti-democratic right-wing extremists (even by Western political standards), and I'm glad Obama tried to watch them. He's only doing his normal job: protecting the vast majority of citizen of his country.
    Exactly like, in Morocco, I think it's the duty of the government to keep an eye on what Salafis are doing and planning.

The price of freedom is eternel vigilance.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Fixed the link. It's just a good overview of Clinton and Al Qaeda, and I think it's pretty fair and acknowledges areas were Clinton might have made mistakes.

All the same, I don't think it's fair to claim that those operations were distractions, given that they were against a group that actually ended up attacking the United States. (Please no "truthers" in this thread.)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You mean like Al Qaeda?

Granted, that pharmaceutical factory thing was dodgy, but I'm thinking more of stuff like this.

It just seems worth pointing out that some of the distractions were against things that actually were a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Fixed the link. It's just a good overview of Clinton and Al Qaeda, and I think it's pretty fair and acknowledges areas were Clinton might have made mistakes.

All the same, I don't think it's fair to claim that those operations were distractions, given that they were against a group that actually ended up attacking the United States. (Please no "truthers" in this thread.)

Simply because an attack is on a legitimate enemy doesn't relieve suspicion that the attack was politically motivated given the timing and the lack of success of the mission.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    With all of the other things that have occurred under the Obama administration, this is the one that finally starts a "Is he guilty of treason?" thread?
    Yes, that's one of the things I find hilarious.
    I think they're just throwing a lot of stuff at the wall and seeing what can stick the most.

Thought this article was interesting, and kind of clarifies my earlier comment:
    http://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-terri...181859510.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft