User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 138

  1. #61
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    1.) I said I think most "hipsters" are worse than the things they criticize. Not all small businesses. You may notice that about 0.0001% of small businesses are run by a "hipster"
    If you think most hipsters are worse than the things they criticize, you must be blissfully unaware of all the damage to small business, individuals, families, and the economy that large corporations do. Not to mention what they do to the environment and people's health through unethical practices, like running sweat shops, underpaying employees, and pushing junk on people via advertising.

    Big business wrecks the world on so many levels, you might as well say that annoying court jesters are worse than vikings raping and pillaging your land, if you say hipsters are worse than the things they criticize.

    You just have such a weird, irrational hatred of hipsters that you're not even making a valid argument. In fact you don't even have a point.


    3.) Sorry, when was it ever specified that this is a US only discussion? I didn't realize you were so nationalistic you just assumed everyone is talking about the US the whole time.
    Because being a hipster, and all it represents, tends to deal head on with social problems that are more epidemic in the U.S. than Europe.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Because being a hipster, and all it represents, tends to deal head on with social problems that are more epidemic in the U.S. than Europe.
    Well I am not originally from Europe, in fact you know where I am originally from.

    But regardless: Europe is dominated by multinationals (especially UK where I live), and hipsters are very common there. So this discussion very much applies.

    But even if you were right, and it was a bigger problem in the US, you should have specified this before that it was a US only discussion, instead of pulling it out your sleeve and trying some emotional blackmail.

    Did you ever think maybe someone didn't have the same perception of the parameters of the discussion that you did (and these were never stated i.e apparently now "we are talking about the US only"), rather than intentionally "trivializing" it? Why say everything in the most aggressive way possible?

  3. #63
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Well I am not originally from Europe, in fact you know where I am originally from.

    But regardless: Europe is dominated by multinationals (especially UK where I live), and hipsters are very common there. So this discussion very much applies.

    But even if you were right, and it was a bigger problem in the US, you should have specified this before that it was a US only discussion, instead of pulling it out your sleeve and trying some emotional blackmail.

    Did you ever think maybe someone didn't have the same perception of the parameters of the discussion that you did (and these were never stated i.e apparently now "we are talking about the US only"), rather than intentionally "trivializing" it? Why say everything in the most aggressive way possible?
    Okay here's my problem with you. First you congratulate a quote by Ayn Rand, which is pretty abysmal, but then claim that you were just agreeing with her statement about conformity. Yet here's the way you seem to take pride in describing yourself:

    I go more for a classic look of shirt, jeans, nice trainers or maybe shoes, short hair, clean shaven, watch, aftershave.
    Oh you're so classic in your jeans and clean shaven, wtf, yeah you big non-conformist you. ORLY?

    Secondly, you downplay the outright destruction and danger of multi-national corps and oligopolies, in fact I've now concluded you're so disrespectful that you didn't even read that article on Nestle, so I presume that multi-national corps, even ones that are European-based and world-dominant like Nestle, don't concern you.

    So then thirdly, I decide that well why would you, living in Europe where you aren't exposed to the particular right wing we have to put up with in this country, you'll never be affected as badly as we are by the consumerist glut and politics of greed, living in Western Europe, so why should you care, amirite? (Even though I'm well aware that corporations hurt people all over the world, my point is that since that doesn't concern you, all of the other points that are more pertinent in the U.S. probably don't either.)

    I'm also well-aware that the UK is more similar to the U.S. than many European countries, however, still not as bad in terms of right wing politics.

    I feel like I'm talking to a joke. Really. Like you're just bugged by the way hipsters dress, and you don't comprehend how important their politics are to them, so you take on this whole mocking attitude like they're idiots.

    So why shouldn't I mock you too, with your "classic look" and blissful ignorance of what oligopolies are doing to the world?

  4. #64
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Could maybe one or two threads not become a combat zone? Pretty please?

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Okay here's my problem with you. First you congratulate a quote by Ayn Rand, which is pretty abysmal, but then claim that you were just agreeing with her statement about conformity. Yet here's the way you seem to take pride in describing yourself:

    Oh you're so classic in your jeans and clean shaven, wtf, yeah you big non-conformist you. ORLY?
    The Ayn Rand quote was about willful "non-conformists". Qhwn did I say I was a non-conformist? It's not a concept I think in terms of, I am just annoyed by those who go out of their way to be one. This is what Iinterpreted the Rand quote as criticizing.
    Secondly, you downplay the outright destruction and danger of multi-national corps and oligopolies, in fact I've now concluded you're so disrespectful that you didn't even read that article on Nestle,
    So because you psot something I have to read it, and if not I am disrespectful. You crack me up.

    so I presume that multi-national corps, even ones that are European-based and world-dominant like Nestle, don't concern you.
    Not really. I am more concerned by the people who I meet and who actually affect my life.

    So then thirdly, I decide that well why would you, living in Europe where you aren't exposed to the particular right wing we have to put up with in this country, you'll never be affected as badly as we are by the consumerist glut and politics of greed, living in Western Europe, so why should you care, amirite? (Even though I'm well aware that corporations hurt people all over the world, my point is that since that doesn't concern you, all of the other points that are more pertinent in the U.S. probably don't either.)
    OK, life is so hard for you living in the richest country in the world.

    Always the victim eh?

    In any case you are ignoring what I told you, I am not from Europe.

    Like you're just bugged by the way hipsters dress ... like they're idiots.
    Correct.

    So why shouldn't I mock you too, with your "classic look" and blissful ignorance of what oligopolies are doing to the world?
    You can try, and I can defend myself.

    I don't think "hispters" politics are important to them. They are just people who are too lazy/incapable to be a capitalist and too snobbish and feeble to be a worker. Classic "bohemian" whiners, no balls, a waste of oxygen.

    IMHO.

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    The Ayn Rand quote was about willful "non-conformists". Qhwn did I say I was a non-conformist? It's not a concept I think in terms of, I am just annoyed by those who go out of their way to be one. This is what Iinterpreted the Rand quote as criticizing.


    So because you psot something I have to read it, and if not I am disrespectful. You crack me up.



    Not really. I am more concerned by the people who I meet and who actually affect my life.



    OK, life is so hard for you living in the richest country in the world.

    Always the victim eh?

    In any case you are ignoring what I told you, I am not from Europe.



    Correct.



    You can try, and I can defend myself.

    I don't think "hispters" politics are important to them. They are just people who are too lazy/incapable to be a capitalist and too snobbish and feeble to be a worker. Classic "bohemian" whiners, no balls, a waste of oxygen.

    IMHO.
    Yeah it's hilarious to argue with someone without even understanding their position. Yes, for that reason, the fact that you chose to keep derisively arguing with me without reading the article is fucking disrespectful. You didn't have to read it because I posted it, but you did choose to keep arguing on the topic all while willfully ignoring what my position is and not understanding it in the least.

    It's easier just to close your eyes, isn't it?

    I used to think people like you were SJs, you know, before I got into Personality Theory, I used to think that you were the epitome of what an SJ was...and yet I've known SJs with asymmetrical haircuts or their own distinctive individual Si style, who didn't feel a need to call themselves "classic" but actually took pride in being their own person.

    I also know SJs who are more open-minded than you are.

    What you strike me as is a very smug, self-satisfied, person who generalizes people without knowing them or understanding them.

    I mean you just called an entire group of people - which by some people's estimations would include people like me and Ivy - "a waste of oxygen."

    You're not even worth talking to. What is your IQ I wonder?

  7. #67
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    What you strike me as is a very smug, self-satisfied, person who generalizes people without knowing them or understanding them.
    That sounds like hipsters to me. Lol.

  8. #68
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You're not even worth talking to. What is your IQ I wonder?
    As soon as you resort to insulting your opponent's IQ, you lose the argument. Simple as that.

    It's quite possible to state your dissatisfaction with another person's position without directly attacking them.
    ...

  9. #69
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    That sounds like hipsters to me. Lol.
    That's because you're focusing in on people who do things like only drink PBR or claim they won't listen to a band if other people know about.

    I have to make sure to unfriend you, in fact, because the uh little rep you made about my friends being followers...when in fact most of the people I mentioned are 25-35 years old and just happen to like things like indie films or be creative people (a lot of people I know are things like designers and writers and musicians and film collectors, etc.) ...no, they aren't followers.

    If you'd even read my post, the reason why I said my friends were trend setters was because my friends are authentically political activists, and/or artists, and/or collectors of things like indie films...and what most people deride as a "mainstream hipster" are following what has become this ideal.

    And frankly, if anyone's going to be a follower, I'm happy that they're following me and people like my friends, and not people like Mr. Aftershave up there.

  10. #70
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    As soon as you resort to insulting your opponent's IQ, you lose the argument. Simple as that.

    It's quite possible to state your dissatisfaction with another person's position without directly attacking them.
    No he just called people a waste of oxygen because he doesn't like their fashion sense, and said that people who have pretentious taste in music are worse than people who employ children in Malaysia for two cents a day. He already lost the argument, and I put him on ignore.

Similar Threads

  1. Which letter swap results in the most differing and similar personalities?
    By Jayce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 12:21 PM
  2. Which MBTi types tend to be more attracted to MBTi and similar personality tests?
    By Optimouse in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 04:04 PM
  3. [MBTItm] What differences and similarities are there between ISFP and ISFJ?
    By KLessard in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO