User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

@Marmotini Sure but what is your opposition to corporate power exactly? It must be some ethical opposition and not purely the basis that they have power and this in itself is evil. You must believe you are offering something better and more ethical than what they offer? Or else what is the point of trying consciously to replace one set of assholes with another?

Any my point is, no, these guys are no better, and probably worse.

Fine if that doesn't bother you, but I think most of them would oppose that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Ugh, whatever, I'm just going to avoid this conversation, I never realized what I was dealing with until now.
    I don't know what this means but I'm glad to see you got your points in, and then told me the conversation is over. One of my favorite troll tactics and one of the many reasons I usually avoid forum debates.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    @Marmotini Sure but what is your opposition to corporate power exactly? It must be some ethical opposition and not purely the basis that they have power and this in itself is evil. You must believe you are offering something better and more ethical than what they offer? Or else what is the point of trying consciously to replace one set of assholes with another?

Any my point is, no, these guys are no better, and probably worse.
    You really seem quite ignorant in the way that business works, I take it that by marketing you mean you work on the creative end of advertising, or maybe in lower end sales?

I'm completely flabbergasted that you don't even comprehend what I'm talking about. These guys are worse than oligopolies who commandeer the entire market and buy out other people's companies, so that, for example, your only choice if you want frozen pizza is to buy Nestle products?

Is that really what you want? For Nestle to own everything? That makes you happy to have such limited freedom of choice and lack of real competition?

I take it you're not a fan of capitalism, or that you don't understand what the word means.

I'm a little taken aback by your willful ignorance, frankly. It's almost like you're trolling.

Fine if that doesn't bother you, but I think most of them would oppose that description.

I don't know what this means but I'm glad to see you got your points in, and then told me the conversation is over. One of my favorite troll tactics and one of the many reasons I usually avoid forum debates.
    No I'm not trolling, I just realized what you are in this thread. I mean you congratulated an Ayn Rand quote. I'm not exactly dealing with a socially aware intellectual.

MBTI
    xxTP

No I'm not trolling, I just realized what you are in this thread. I mean you congratulated an Ayn Rand quote. I'm not exactly dealing with a socially aware intellectual.
    I agree with the particular Rand quote, it doesn't bother me who says it. I am not a libertarian personally. But I judge the words not the messenger. And I agree 100% with that quote.

If your only point is to say I am an idiot for that, you could have said that in one line, many pages back, and then ignored me (without the need to announce it).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I agree with the particular Rand quote, it doesn't bother me who says it. I am not a libertarian personally. But I judge the words not the messenger. And I agree 100% with that quote.

If your only point is to say I am an idiot for that, you could have said that in one line, many pages back, and then ignored me (without the need to announce it).
    No I wasn't sure you were an idiot until you suggested that individuals who annoy you are worse than oligopolies and multi-national corporations.

MBTI
    xxTP

No I wasn't sure you were an idiot until you suggested that individuals who annoy you are worse than oligopolies and multi-national corporations.
    Personally I don't call someone an idiot for disagreeing with me.

But anyway: What do they propose that is better?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Personally I don't call someone an idiot for disagreeing with me.

But anyway: What do they propose that is better?
    Oh I'm not thinking you're an idiot for disagreeing with me. I just think it's ignorant and/or trolling with intellectual dishonesty to actually claim that some dudes in your office who you happen to think are jerks are somehow worse than power-hungry oligopolies. It's like you didn't even read the article (I don't think you did). It's like you don't really even know what I'm talking about, or are pretending like you don't.

Small business is better. Doy.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That has never made sense to me. Why wouldn't you be happy for a band you like, if they got successful?
    Cause they're like, part of the system now, man. If the wrony people start listening to something, it's over.

I think this is the aspect of hipsterism that people find most objectionable. Myself included it. And it probably doesn't include a lot of the people that would be considered hipsters.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    xxTP

Oh I'm not thinking you're an idiot for disagreeing with me. I just think it's ignorant and/or trolling with intellectual dishonesty to actually claim that some dudes in your office who you happen to think are jerks are somehow worse than power-hungry oligopolies. It's like you didn't even read the article (I don't think you did). It's like you don't really even know what I'm talking about, or are pretending like you don't.

Small business is better. Doy.
    I work in a small business. My uncle owns a small factory back home. None of us are "hipsters" nor have we ever been helped by any "hipster". We would exist fine without any "hipster". So what is your point?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I work in a small business. My uncle owns a small factory back home. None of us are "hipsters" nor have we ever been helped by any "hipster". We would exist fine without any "hipster". So what is your point?
    So you're being intellectually dishonest. You don't think multi-national corps or oligopoly is better. I've also noticed you're not from the United States, so thanks for trivializing our problems.

MBTI
    xxTP

So you're being intellectually dishonest. You don't think multi-national corps or oligopoly is better. I've also noticed you're not from the United States, so thanks for trivializing our problems.
    1.) I said I think most "hipsters" are worse than the things they criticize. Not all small businesses. You may notice that about 0.0001% of small businesses are run by a "hipster"

2.) Just because I work for a small business doesn't mean I think they are "better".

3.) Sorry, when was it ever specified that this is a US only discussion? I didn't realize you were so nationalistic you just assumed everyone is talking about the US the whole time.