User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I don't keep up with trends, honestly, just boring to me. I like certain things and I dislike certain things, and it's all independent on what's popular or not
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Sometimes I can be a bit of a hipster But it is not intentional I swear(just not in church)!

I've noticed that once in a while I pick up on things, a certain hat, a hairstyle, or clothing or something else, and like it so I go with it. Then, when I start seeing lots of people with the same trend or if that trend can be associated with a particular subculture I usually change my style again out of embarrassment. I just don't want to look like I'm trying to fit in by copying other people. But, mostly I just keep my style casual and functional, but not too trendy because for one I don't have a lot of money to spend on the next cool thing and two it's just too darn wasteful!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Why are bicycles stupid?

Bicycles are good for your health and for the environment. It's the future of mankind (and so is China by the way).
    Have you ever been to Copenhaguen or the Netherlands?
    Bicycles are stupid because it's every American's patriotic duty to drive to the mailbox on the corner instead of walking. That's why we whooped the Russians in WWII.

Rather than simply walking places that are within a 15 minute walking distance, it's better to make up for the lack of exercise by trying whatever inane diet is the flavor of the month.

Disclaimer:

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Sure, but personally I'd rather not be an asshole and avoid those who are. Just because you're "no opposed to" being an asshole doesn't make it ok to be one! And what's the point of being anti-corporate if you'll be an asshole yourself? Build a better world filled with assholes?
    I just told you the point of being anti-corporate? Did you not understand what I was saying about Nestle? Corporations have HUGE FUCKING POWER, like kings or communist dictators. They take over anything. It's not as simplistic as "you're an asshole and I'm not" we're talking about national and global scale take-overs and control by oligopolies.

I think a lot of them just use cynicism as an excuse to be a parasite, snob and asshole, as if "Monsanto do it, Obama does, so why can't I?"

In any case, like everyone I judge on appearances, yet one of my best friends is definitely an outright hipster in all the ways you described, so when it comes down to it, I can always make an exception.
    Ugh, whatever, I'm just going to avoid this conversation, I never realized what I was dealing with until now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I guess I feel pretty ambivalent about hipster culture in general, and it's just the ethos adopted by a smaller number of "hipsters" that I'm about. And based on your definition of hipster, I am one, so... I think you're right.

yeah, I hate Andy Warhol probably to the same extent that you hate Ayn Rand.
    Oh I love Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick.

But I can see how someone could be alarmed by his emphasis on style over substance. He did have quite a lot of things to say conceptually, though. And the point is that he said them before other people were saying it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    They were just sitting there in the water, complaining about smoking. I liked the one with the key and map, that was really awesome. I wish more people decided to just go find things and go on adventures.

MGMT I did not realize was hipster-sort of music. They're on the radio all the time.
    Yeah MGMT has been labelled one of the "hipster bands" that went mainstream. And that's where you start to see the pretentiousness come in. "Oh I don't like Sleigh Bells anymore, now other people listen to them." Stuff like that.

It would be like saying I didn't like Nirvana anymore and doubted Kurt Cobain's authenticity because everyone knows who Nirvana is now.

It's really dumb, it's something I talked to Simulated World about, cuz he's a musician, and you know...it's one thing to just make empty music and not really be a musician and try to cash in on it (like Milli Vanilli, to use an extreme example, they were basically created by a producer and I don't think they even sang on their tracks, just danced) ....it's another thing to, well, um, have to make a living off of your craft as an artist.

It's not like you stop being an artist (musician or writer) because you start getting paid for it. Musicians have to eat.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yeah MGMT has been labelled one of the "hipster bands" that went mainstream. And that's where you start to see the pretentiousness come in. "Oh I don't like Sleigh Bells anymore, now other people listen to them." Stuff like that.

It would be like saying I didn't like Nirvana anymore and doubted Kurt Cobain's authenticity because everyone knows who Nirvana is now.

It's really dumb, it's something I talked to Simulated World about, cuz he's a musician, and you know...it's one thing to just make empty music and not really be a musician and try to cash in on it (like Milli Vanilli, to use an extreme example, they were basically created by a producer and I don't think they even sang on their tracks, just danced) ....it's another thing to, well, um, have to make a living off of your craft as an artist.

It's not like you stop being an artist (musician or writer) because you start getting paid for it. Musicians have to eat.
    Yeah, I find that because there is such a heavy influence in life when it comes to money that once money comes into something people find it very corrupt whether it is or not. For example, the Beatles "sold out" if they had not changed their ways via Producers yelling at them and making them clean up they probably would have never made the amazing music we know and love today. So it's a give-take situation.. There's bands that become great when they hit mainsteam, and bands that let mainstream ruin them..

.. But at the end of the day, absolutely right, artists need to eat.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That has never made sense to me. Why wouldn't you be happy for a band you like, if they got successful?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    For example, the Beatles "sold out" if they had not changed their ways via Producers yelling at them and making them clean up they probably would have never made the amazing music we know and love today.
    Brian Epstein alone was responsible for their "cleaned up" image. And he wasn't their producer.. lol. Just saying.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That has never made sense to me. Why wouldn't you be happy for a band you like, if they got successful?
    clearly.you.are.not.a.hipster
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so